Goin' to the Dogs!

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Beautiful dogs. I don't know my collie types well, but I guess being so clever and also physically capable as herders, agility is a natural sport for them. Are there smooth coated collies?
There are smooth (short-haired) collies but no smooth shelties. It was my sheltie that had such an aptitude for agility, and many shelties do well at this sport.

Herding ability is a bit diluted in collies due to blood of setters and borzois added in early on in breed development. I had only one collie out of 4 that displayed innate herding instincts. Border collies are a better bet for herding. It's in their DNA.

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Dog pics.
IMG_4382.pngIMG_4390.png
IMG_4391.pngIMG_4394.png

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Just watched this:
"Based on the true life story of a young Marine corporal whose unique discipline and bond with her military combat dog saved many lives during their deployment in Iraq."
I would Like to say that Rex looks just like Eva, but that dog probably weighed 2x her weight, and she only shares that GS stare, otherwise, butter wouldn't melt in her mouth, as Scarlett O'Hara would say.
I get that stare when I am sitting and Eva wants to go out. First, the stare, then the right paw. If THAT doesn't work, this is repeated. If THAT doesn't work, I get the left paw.
She must be right pawed.

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Types of collies posted in above pics of my dogs.
Fancy border tri-color collies, blue Merle sheltie, tri-color Sable-Shelties, sable- rough collie , McNab black and white-boarder collie- short tails, and Highland black and white- border collie long tails. Who knew there were so many different breeds of collies. Some how they are a perfect fit with our family.

@heirloomgal and @SPedgrees thank you for you kind comments about these beautiful amazing breeds.

@ducks4you great story about the military dog. There are dogs used for various purposes. Smart and friendly.
How sweet is your dog Eva to ask you so gently to go out.

Last edited:

Latest posts