Goin' to the Dogs!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm sure that @flowerbug won't mind me saying so — it's wonderful that you can share memories of these experiences with your mother.

A mother who ironed blankets! 💕

she ironed other things using my binkie as a ironing board cover. :)

I was telling DD again yesterday about the one room schoolhouse I visited with her grandmother and had shared a picture. Mom and I visited the daughter of the people who owned the property where the school was located and who provided room and board for the teacher of the kids in the neighborhood.

Recently, I remembered that lady's mother's name and, yes, there was some historical information on the internet about her and her continuing interest in helping kids gain an education. All that was nearly 100 years ago, at the time of the Great Depression.

Steve

if you are being remembered it's nice to have a good legacy other than the crazy SOB who lived on the corner... :) i'm glad she was wise and thoughtful. :)

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Just finished another batch of turkey broth. I was cleaning out my porch freezer and found that I had enough frozen turkey bones for two crock pots full. I found some small bags inside a larger bag of separated turkey (for lunches) that was older, so I added that to the crock pot, too. It cooked since Saturday to today, Tuesday, morning.
I strained the broth and, after separating the bones and vegetables from the meat for Eva for the day. I don't usually can with salt, so no salt for my sweet doggie.

Attachments

• Turkey broth meat, 10-01-24.jpg
    Turkey broth meat, 10-01-24.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 6

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
butt remember though that we are all downwind of everyone else on a spherical planet... so to get back to the topic at hand we're all chasing our own tails...

Latest posts