Hello from SoCal!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wrote a long response about some of my favorite plants, but it wouldn't go through 😕

Is there a posting limit for new users?

did you get an error message when trying to post it?

there might be some limit for the first few posts, but after that you should be ok. i don't recall the exact details. @Nifty or @Support might know this offhand.

frijolymoly

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
did you get an error message when trying to post it?

there might be some limit for the first few posts, but after that you should be ok. i don't recall the exact details. @Nifty or @Support might know this offhand.
It says it needs mod approval

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
A warm welcome from British Columbia! Last year I got involved with a local seed library and was able to donate more that twenty varieties of lettuce seed. This year I hope to do the same. There is certainly a little bit of work involved, but if it inspires even one novice gardener it is worth it for me. 😊

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I wrote a long response about some of my favorite plants, but it wouldn't go through 😕

Nope. If you hit the wrong key while posting your post will erase itself. Happens in WORD, too.
If it's something that requires editing might I suggest that you compose on NOTEPAD, then copy/paste.
ANYWAY, :welcome from Central IL!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nope. If you hit the wrong key while posting your post will erase itself. Happens in WORD, too.
If it's something that requires editing might I suggest that you compose on NOTEPAD, then copy/paste.
ANYWAY, :welcome from Central IL!

most browsers and editors have an Undo/Redo set of keys/keystrokes, on top of that TEG has a save draft feature along with autosave and in addition it also has Undo/Redo keys/keystrokes.

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Veggies:
All season: Swiss Chard has become a new favorite for greens. I think it tastes good sauted with garlic and soy sauce. I like that it's heat tolerant. While other greens bolted once the weather heated up, the chard kept going. I have a whole section of chard that I call my "charden" 😆

Warm Season: I am a big fan of homegrown tomatoes. I remember when I first tried growing beefsteak tomatoes years ago and they were absolutely bursting with flavor--way better than store bought! This year I'm trying to grow various tomatoes to see what tastes the best (and that grows well here)!

Cool Season: Sugar snap peas were the cool season standout for me. I really enjoyed snacking on those. I didn't plant enough last year, but I saved a bunch of seeds, so I can plant more next time.

Other: I'm trying to growing various varieties of peppers and beans, but I need to wait until those are ready so I can try them and judge what my favorites for those are are.
---
Trees: I like fruit trees. We don't have a lot of land for a bunch of trees, but we do have a lime tree and it's so nice to just walk outside and pick a lime when I need one! The idea of a home fruit orchard sounds amazing.
---
Flowers: Nasturtium is easy, edible, and cute. I don't usually eat it, but it's nice that it's an option. They readily volunteer, but they are also really easy to remove if necessary.
---
Houseplants: I'm not that great with houseplants because my room is dark 😅 Pothos is doing well in the living room though and has been pretty low maintenance, so that's nice.
One thing I really like about Swiss Chard is that it often comes back the next year after you planted it as volunteers!

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@frijolymoly your long response on fav plants is back one page on page #1. Is that the page your refering to in below quote. This is page #2.