may 6th

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
hum lets see.
it's free comic book day
if you have clear skies tonight you can watch the Eta Aquarid meteor shower.
it's @baymule birthday..

and most important it's world naked gardening day..... since there are no gardens this year here,
no photo of me working the gardens, guess you ladys will have to wait for another year... but you still post yours photos....:lol::lol:

wonder if theres a naked lawn mowing day?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I see you and Seed made it to the lake for Naked Boating Day.....

beaver-waterskiing-gif.19637
ade

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
ok, i am not going to be the one to answer this, this time! but i'll give a clue. & @majorcatfish you beat me to this. was going to post it last night before bed but forgot.
WNGD! and this has to do with gardening

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
oh yes today is ask a master gardener day down at the farmers market...
since strawberries are in we drove down there, picked up a couple cantaloupes and a wonderful gallon of berries..
DSC_0004.JPG

that freeze we had a while back really hurt the berries there must have been 20 stands with berries all of them were small or they topped with ripe ones, even saw some that had a grayest tint to them. guess we were chatting because we missed this stand on the way into the covered market, on the way back noticed a crowd so we stopped to see way holy cow i see way now they were selling gallons of the most beautiful berries i have seen in years.. and to boot they were selling for 11.00 pg everyone else was 12.00.... yes they are sweet..

any stopped by the master gardener table and asked about moss and how to get rid of it... going to take some soil samples and send them off to see how many tons of calcium i need...

asked about pressure treated lumber for vegetable raised beds was it safe. yes ... but with all the Copper azole they have added is it safe for root type of veggies and if you had a raised bed would you eat them?
they all looked at each other...all said yes
looks like i am going treated wood this summer....

they asked what i grow told them nothing this year working on the soil, showed the photos from last year and this winter...oh my you have nice gardens. thank you i grow it, wife cans it...
one of the ladys there was very surprised that we had lettuce growing in the middle of winter... told her that we live in the only Goldilocks zone in north carolina,all 4 of them got this look on their faces o_O. priceless

come home and went on a poison ivy hunt and destroy mission....
happy may 6th how ever you do it...

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Happy Birthday to Bay! Hope it is wonderful!
I bought some strawberries at the grocery store yesterday. I prepared them for strawberry shortcake, but they are so hard, they are not softening up or getting soupy, like we like ours. I may have to put them in the blender!o_O
I was lured in by their strawberry-like smell. Maybe the smell was sprayed on.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Happy birthday, Bay! I hope it is a great one.

Was out in the garden yesterday watching son do some landscaping with the great green girl and see that there are lots of strawberry flowers. It's a waiting game for now.

Latest posts