One Alaskans greenhouse

akroberts

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thats too bad, there are so many great “un-conventional” food items if a person is willing to un-wrinkle their nose for a minute.
I know. I had to convince the youngest granddaughter to try Brussels Sprouts. After she did, she is now hooked on Brussels Sprouts. I'm a vegetable eater. I have a type of mallow in the yard that grows wild so after my neighbor told me what it was I am interested and intrigued to pick some and fry it up for a snack.

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Another day or so and this batch of Lacto bacillus will be ready. Most of the 6 qts. will be added to the Hydroslate drum to aid the breakdown. This drum’s been continually active for the last 4-5 years and it’s a lot like pouring honey right now. Once more of the thick stuff has dissolved it’ll be easier to work with. The first jar was made using powdered milk as an experiment, and looks like it will be just fine!

For this sort of thing or the septic; i don't bother separating off the whey.

Attachments

• IMG_0966.jpeg
    IMG_0966.jpeg
    139.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We’ve had a couple dryer days and realizing “any day now” it can turn off unpleasant; i mounted the mower and gathered the leaves! This time of year its never about the lawn but I do hold those leaves in high regard!

So, at this point i can say next year’s bin has now been Carbon-aided🙄

Attachments

• IMG_3363.jpeg
    IMG_3363.jpeg
    358.3 KB · Views: 3

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We’ve had a couple dryer days and realizing “any day now” it can turn off unpleasant; i mounted the mower and gathered the leaves! This time of year its never about the lawn but I do hold those leaves in high regard!

So, at this point i can say next year’s bin has now been Carbon-aided🙄
You don't want to put your leaves through your shredder?