Phaedra's 2023 Adventure

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
One of my beloved purple roses
10697.jpg

We had thunderstorm here today, so I stayed indoors and re-organized the walk-in pantry.
10698.jpg

I also slowly prepared things I will need in the shop. I love my old-fashioned sticker maker (don't know how this is called in English), it can create a vintage feeling in no time. It didn't need to be charged or ask you to install app, share personal information, just some turning and pushing - the stickers are done.

Besides, it looks like some sort of high tech gadgets that only appear in the sci-fi movies, phaser in start trek ? :lol:

10730.jpg

I also love such brown glass bottles.
10729.jpg

Last week, I designed a postcard from the piggy buns I baked a while ago. They will be part of the portfolio, too.
10715.jpg

Last edited:

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The pink and blue, fresh, together on top of a cheesecake or other cold pie, would be very attractive.
It will be! Yesterday, I arranged a fruity yogurt with both blueberries, kiwi, and some melon, so delicious. (and much better, cheaper, more nutritious than those sold in the shops)
10745.jpg

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I also slowly prepared things I will need in the shop. I love my old-fashioned sticker maker (don't know how this is called in English), it can create a vintage feeling in no time. It didn't need to be charged or ask you to install app, share personal information, just some turning and pushing - the stickers are done.

Besides, it looks like some sort of high tech gadgets that only appear in the sci-fi movies, phaser in start trek ? :lol:

View attachment 59906

haha! we would call that a label maker. :)

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I love basal shoots, especially those with ready roots! This year, I got two Lilac and two this pink rogosa rose (Rosa rugosa f. rosea)from their basal shoots. Minimum effort for getting free plants!

One of the rogosa roses was already transplanted earlier, and the other still stayed in the pot till earlier today. I saw another basal shoot coming out and wanted to take a closer look.
10830.jpg

Another signal that this plant is more than ready to be transplanted, so I decided to take it out from the pot.
10831.jpg

Although the new shoot was in fact not suitable to be separated, I can see these two stems grew from two adventitious buds on the root.
10833.jpg

Just like the below developing buds
10828.jpg

Since both stems have sufficient root system...why not....
10844.jpg

Voilà, now it became two independent plants. I added some slow released fertilizer in the soil and soaked them for a while.
10824.jpg

When I brought them to the outdoor shelf, I noticed that more basal shoots are growing under the mother plant. Both had very few roots and still relied on the mother plant. As long as they have roots, it's fine.
10825.jpg

So, here are another two plants. Because they had so few roots, I placed them somewhere without direct sunlight and let them rest for a couple of weeks.
10823.jpg

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It's also maintenance time for the plants in the greenhouse. I have three such standing planters to be re-organized. It looked ok, but in fact, I don't have time to cut the geranium back earlier. It would take more time as the second flush already started.
10749.jpg

A seasonal cleaning up and cutting back - besides, I dug out the ivy for decorating the shop. Besides, there were a volunteer chili plant(?), a volunteer snapdragon, and three tiny wax begonia (seeds from last year, I guess).
10751.jpg

Only one wax begonia was kept in the planter - the rest two and ivy were transplanted into 5cm pots.
10839.jpg

I added four Petunia (propagated from cuttings) - this one is ready for the autumn.
10750_0.jpg

Still two to go, however, I got already a lot of tiny young plants from this, jade plant, and spider plant. They will be the product in my small shop, too.
10847.jpg

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I love basal shoots, especially those with ready roots! This year, I got two Lilac and two this pink rogosa rose (Rosa rugosa f. rosea)from their basal shoots. Minimum effort for getting free plants!

One of the rogosa roses was already transplanted earlier, and the other still stayed in the pot till earlier today. I saw another basal shoot coming out and wanted to take a closer look.
View attachment 59969
Another signal that this plant is more than ready to be transplanted, so I decided to take it out from the pot.
View attachment 59971
Although the new shoot was in fact not suitable to be separated, I can see these two stems grew from two adventitious buds on the root.
View attachment 59972

I just found the photo and realized this basal shoot was taken on March 31, this year. It just took them less than 5 months to establish properly, amazing.
339087577_538915941488027_5392410975933989888_n.jpg

Latest posts