Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
20240706_154843.jpg

Finnie

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Get yourself some Oriental Poppy seed, and plant where you want them to grow. They will outlive you. So rewarding every year.View attachment 66347
I wish mine would outlive me. They keep migrating into the grass and getting mowed down. The ones still in the flower bed get sparser and sparser each year. I need to figure out exactly when to harvest the seeds before it’s too late and replant them further back in the bed.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wish mine would outlive me. They keep migrating into the grass and getting mowed down. The ones still in the flower bed get sparser and sparser each year. I need to figure out exactly when to harvest the seeds before it’s too late and replant them further back in the bed.
Usually when the seed heads turn brown/gray and dry. Shake them, if seeds rattle, they are ready.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score

are they getting crowded out or shaded by other plants? maybe some selected thinning of the plants around them may give them more help?

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Are you growing annuals? Mine a perennial.