Rare Seeds ...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey, Ginny :frow!

@barefootgardener is someone to trust on endorsements :).

Kindergarteners are now college graduates since the time she first orders for BC ... and here I am ... may as well be potted with the house plants.

Steve

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Or why I am still on the mailing lists of such as Johnny's Select Seeds, Thomson and Morgan, Totally Tomatoes, and R. Shumway (I'm not saying any of these are bad seed companies, just that there hasn't been anything in any of them I personally needed/wanted for some time and if I had the power I'd tell them that if I wanted anything I could use their online catalogs (which I do go through regularly) and they could save some time, paper and trees.

Going through the Baker Creek recently, I may do an order at some point though probably not right away since I am waiting to see what those undefined links in the explorer section are. I'm a bit curios about that yellow mothe bean (BTW I think the grey mothe bean they have listed is actually an urd bean, based on the shape of the hilum) I'm actually sort of torn by now, I want to wait to see what these new listings are, but I also note they have the Nara melons back in stock in the Nambian section, and having missed out on the last batch, I don't want to miss out on this one (plus it is the holidays when I have a teeny bit of extra leeway, and it seem to me that is probably the best time to contemplate buying something as frivolous as $5 apiece seeds for a cucurbit I probably have no real objective ability to actually grow.

barefootgardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hey, Ginny :frow!

@barefootgardener is someone to trust on endorsements :).

Kindergarteners are now college graduates since the time she first orders for BC ... and here I am ... may as well be potted with the house plants.

Steve

Hahaha!! Sorta true!! Steve, I have not been able to log in in a while! Son is letting me use his laptop for now!! Hopefully I can start contributing to the forum more often. I missed it!! Have a lot to catch up on!! :)

barefootgardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@barefootgardener good to see you are back! i still keep the Linne's oxheart tomato seeds you sent a couple years ago! they've done nicely. were those from BC?

Hi ChickieMoma!! Sorry it took so long to respond! Could not log in for long, and the connection
sucked for a while! Using my sons laptop for now!

Happy to hear the L. Oxheart did well for you! If I remember correctly, I received the first seeds in a trade, then I grew them out and saved seed which I sent to you!

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
went to Tractor Supply earlier in the week and happened to find they were selling the Whole Seed catalog. so i snagged a copy for myself! some nice articles as well as some nice eye candy for veggies and flowers.