Restarting the garden

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cuke plants. One is turning more yellow. Possible causes? Ppl on fb are blind and don't see it. More yellow today.
Screenshot_20240628_200243_Gallery.jpg

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hunger? Plants that size are pretty heavy feeders, on my cules and pumpkins i’ve noticed a good feeding shows up more on the new growth. I like fish emulsion and / or a blend of fermented rabbit urine, liquid kelp and blackstrap molasses. A lot of good can be had by simply mixing a 1/4 cup of the molasses in a couple gallons of water too.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
may also be a different variety, sometimes packets of seeds include a few seeds of alternative varieties to help improve pollination. or they could just be saying that because they can't keep their seed lines straight... :) i dunno for sure. sometimes it's a simple issue like a plant having poor roots and not able to keep up with the demand of the leaves up top and other times i'd insects or animals or soil nutrient availability. without being there it's really hard to know for sure. and even being there doesn't always mean a certain answer either...

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hunger? Plants that size are pretty heavy feeders, on my cules and pumpkins i’ve noticed a good feeding shows up more on the new growth. I like fish emulsion and / or a blend of fermented rabbit urine, liquid kelp and blackstrap molasses. A lot of good can be had by simply mixing a 1/4 cup of the molasses in a couple gallons of water too.
🤔
Can add rabbit tea, got 💩 tons of the raw stuff. Weird one bin is fine and the other not, full of poo. I think they're 4 plants in each. Idk if all 4 or just 1 vine is yellowed.

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I “feed” cukes, pole beans, tomatoes and summer squash every two weeks during the season. I push my stuff pretty hard though.
And due to our short season I only use the “liquid” rabbit products. The poop takes to long to be absorbed; it and the bedding are all composted.
Earlier I mentioned the piss, kelp, molasses combination- it’s hard to beat that but most don’t have access to “the active ingredients “. To a 5 gallon bucket of urine I add 3 cups each of kelp/molassss and one bucket last me all season.

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
I “feed” cukes, pole beans, tomatoes and summer squash every two weeks during the season. I push my stuff pretty hard though.
And due to our short season I only use the “liquid” rabbit products. The poop takes to long to be absorbed; it and the bedding are all composted.
Earlier I mentioned the piss, kelp, molasses combination- it’s hard to beat that but most don’t have access to “the active ingredients “. To a 5 gallon bucket of urine I add 3 cups each of kelp/molassss and one bucket last me all season.
It would take me years to gather 5gal of rabbit pee, even with 30 of them. 🤔

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I only keep 2-3 does and a buck and can fill a 5 gallon container in a month.
Both inside and out my pens are set up to catch everything. I keep a 5 gal paint strainer in the mouth of my “clean” bucket and each day or so dump the collection thru it. Pretty soon I’ve got a bucket full to which i add the other ingredients and wala; I’m styling!
I’ve used visqueen previously too, dont
Need to be scientific.

Attachments

• IMG_2964.jpeg
    IMG_2964.jpeg
    278.6 KB · Views: 8

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
I only keep 2-3 does and a buck and can fill a 5 gallon container in a month.
Both inside and out my pens are set up to catch everything. I keep a 5 gal paint strainer in the mouth of my “clean” bucket and each day or so dump the collection thru it. Pretty soon I’ve got a bucket full to which i add the other ingredients and wala; I’m styling!
I’ve used visqueen previously too, dont
Need to be scientific.
I have stackers with pans. Now using chicken drippers for water and I no longer wake up to flooded pans and also, near bone dry pans. They pee, but the poo soaks it up and the air evaporates the rest, almost never have any standing liquid these days.

Latest posts