Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Cats in cars.
IMG_3156.jpeg

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
today's lesson in cat nature. semi-feral cat was out on the driveway and i had the garage door closed, probably was soaking up a bit of the heat from the sun on the cement and it was just sitting there looking out towards the road. i was looking at it out of the kitchen window and i started talking at it, but the window was closed so it was not hearing me until i raised my voice more so that it would carry that far having to go out the back patio door screen and still reach around to the front where the kitty was sitting. the ears twitched and it looked around but it wasn't in alarm at all. just natural reaction to noise... so i waved at it when it looked at the window, but it did not see me right away, but i kept on waving and then it did see me.

reaction? it turned around and started licking it's butt and then went about grooming itself even more. i laughed and went away for 5-10 minutes and when i came back it was still working on grooming it's paws and then just walked off.

it's got two white feet in the back and two dark feet in the front. i'm not sure if it is the Momma or Daddy cat of the feral cat family, but i've not seen any of the kittens around in quite a while and i've not seen any other kitties around either, i thought they had all moved on. they're welcome to stay and eat all the mice and chipmunks and other critters they want. i've not seen them hunting around here in quite some time... out back they can eat all the chipmunks they want. there's a good half dozen running around back there almost all the time.

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@flowerbug I had a similar cat incident. The cat would always come around when I was in the garden or out in the barn working with the horses. He popped up every day. I asked around if anyone owned him he was so friendly. Until finally a neighbor said he’d take him. Well the cat didn’t stay there always came here until one day we were best buddies . He adopted this place as his own. Worked the fields for mice , voles and even caught gophers. He was a good hunter. He was a Manx tuxedo cat and he stayed here for a couple of years and then one day didn’t show up. I miss him.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I told Mr Pusscat he can sleep anywhere in our living room hall or even the kitchen ( except for the food counter. BUT he is not permitted at anytime, NEVER EVER is he to go onto my comfy pillow on the settee.

I really like to nap on that pillow without fur going up my nose and in my mouth.

So, I turn my back for one minute while listening to some great music tonight and where is he. Yep you guessed it

1000002719.jpg

He's on my bloody pillow :barnie
Cats who'd have them. :hu