Thought of TEG Cat Owners

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think that Off the Mark cartoon might be legit.

It is from 1991 and notice that a seriously antiquated can opener is referred to. It wouldn't even surprise me if it is manual.

Steve

180px-HK_%E7%BD%90%E9%A0%AD_%E9%96%8B%E7%BD%90%E9%A0%AD%E5%88%80_wheel_can_opener_August_2017_Lnv2_02.jpg

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think that Off the Mark cartoon might be legit.

It is from 1991 and notice that a seriously antiquated can opener is referred to. It wouldn't even surprise me if it is manual.

Steve

180px-HK_%E7%BD%90%E9%A0%AD_%E9%96%8B%E7%BD%90%E9%A0%AD%E5%88%80_wheel_can_opener_August_2017_Lnv2_02.jpg

i used to have one like that one. they work well as long as their metal teeth don't get too worn out. i have a tiny version which i use that must have been a camping accessory. i know when it doesn't work any more i'll go look at a sporting goods place for a replacement.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Gross is a good way to describe it fresh, yep.

There must be some herbalistic terms for herbs that concentrate flavors with drying and those that lose flavors. Catnip certainly loses flavor. The result reminds me a little of fresh cut hay ... Well, maybe some  wild hay type ... purple haze ... ?
zcat.jpg

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
@Nifty , DD trained Her cat, "Troll Bridge", to sit on her lap while she sings, "Kitty Cat Song," where she pats his belly with his paws. She has been doing this with him since he was Weeks old and he tolerates and expects it.
MY cats want NONE.OF.IT.
So, two of them Audibly say, "NOOOOOOOO", when she tries to pick them up and do it to them.

Last edited:

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Nifty , DD trained Her cat, "Troll Bridge", to sit on her lap while she sings, "Kitty Cat Song," where she pays his belly with his paws. She has been doing this with him since he was Weeks old and he tolerates and expects it.
MY cats want NONE.OF.IT.
So, two of them Audibly say, "NOOOOOOOO", when she tries to pick them up and do it to them.
Reminds me of my plans to try and train mine to be OK with belly rubs (or rather, belly rubs when he is on his back or side, when he's standing, he has no problem with them). Once it gets cold I will start trying while wearing heavy padded winter gloves. Hopefully, eventually, he'll get used to it and I can move on to lighter gloves, then no gloves at all.

It would also be nice if i can get him to remember the "hugs" we used to have when he was younger (when he was still too small to reach my face while standing, he would rear up and put his front paws on my chest, Then I'd close my arms around him, and he's start purring and rubbing like crazy. I miss that. I also miss when he used to climb up on my shoulders or the top of my head, but I think he's now too heavy to do that safely and comfortably.