Weed exterminators

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Interesting tea bag used to inhibit plant growth. Out of Curiosity I looked it up. Black tea has been used for centuries to inhibit plant growth in the link I found. Here’s a brief summary from artoftea.

Teabags have been known to inhibit the growth of weeds, especially those full of steeped black tea. Simply place brewed black teabags on weeds .

Black tea and chamomile tea, like our Egyptian Chamomile Tea, have been known to help combat fungus growth on plants. Simply place brewed teabags directed on your outdoor and indoor plants at the roots to prevent fungicide and keep them healthy.

Placing teabags directly on your compost pile can help break down other items, allowing you to use your compost sooner. You must ensure that your teabags don’t contain any harmful microplastics in order for this to work, so we recommend always being mindful and reading labels.

Wow I learned something new . Thank you..
I have a horrible ground squirrel infestation. I’m gonna give the tea bag a try down the open areas to the tunnels.

Also found a link where coffee grounds can deter garden pests and a good weed and Insect/Critter repellent and unwanted coffee grounds can kill weeds just as efficiently as other store bought brand killers due to their high levels of nitrogen/PH levels. Used coffee grounds in the garden are also beneficial for keeping slugs, snails, and beetles away from plants.

Now I know what to do with that huge Rabbit that just moved in under the barn for a winter borrow site.
😆 🤣
You leave that old rabbit where he is .

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I set up the used coffee grounds in that big ole rabbit hole and found another under the wood pile.
We have had a bobcat searching around here. I have seen the foot prints left after the bobcat was digging in the rabbit hole which leaves soft powdered dirt behind , perfect for prints. The bobcat has been here since spring hunting the burrows in the grown thruout the pastures and the quail. To bad he’s not a vegan could eat all the harmful weeds ,
I use a special stay developed by the university of Oregon to spray the pastures. It does cut down on a lot on tansy and othe weeds that spread out along the pastures from the wind currents in area.

@Marie2020 I like the ‘kid’ part in wiz kid…. haven’t been called a kid in a long time. 👩🏻‍💻

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Vinegar ordered and I got a discount. Happy days.

Gosh I'm having problems posting today

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I set up the used coffee grounds in that big ole rabbit hole and found another under the wood pile.
We have had a bobcat searching around here. I have seen the foot prints left after the bobcat was digging in the rabbit hole which leaves soft powdered dirt behind , perfect for prints. The bobcat has been here since spring hunting the burrows in the grown thruout the pastures and the quail. To bad he’s not a vegan could eat all the harmful weeds ,
I use a special stay developed by the university of Oregon to spray the pastures. It does cut down on a lot on tansy and othe weeds that spread out along the pastures from the wind currents in area.

@Marie2020 "I like the ‘kid’ part in wiz kid…. haven’t been called a kid in a long time." 👩🏻‍💻 Well you will be to me ;) okay kid 🤣

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
The best way to rid yourself of stinging nettle is to not let the weeds go to seed. Plants spread by seeds, some spread underground, too, by runners, and others, like bindweed, will replant itself.
Stinging nettle is spread by seeds.
Pull it before it sets seeds.
I have also, when I miss a burdock plant and it's in a really bad place in a bed with stuff that I want to keep, I cut it down as low as possible, cover it with a generous piece of cardboard, and put a brick on top. I did that this year in one of my beds and it didn't grow back.
Another thing is to mow and keep mowing.
I have also dug out runners in a bed by dumping shovelfuls of soil into a wheelbarrow, digging deep enough to find the end of the runners, worked them out of the soil and threw the runners in the trash, then put back the soil.
Interesting that tea and vinegar can combat weeds without chemicals, too, but you need to combat them from all angles.