Weed exterminators

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
These darned nettles were dug out and binned then they just grew right back. TWICE! :barnie It's ruddy impossible getting rid of them.

I've ordered the strongest vinegar I could find 30% .
I'll have another go then add the vinegar and use your cardboard method as well. Fingers crossed I can then get my thyme plants in at long last

I so wanted to plant this thyme then these aliens have invaded. I have rosemary and lavender there and apparently both plants are good companions for thyme .
I had a similar thing happen in my garden except instead of stinging nettle, it was buttercup. Buttercup is really difficult to get rid of too! You HAVE to get it out by the roots.

If I was present when you pulled the stinging nettle, if the plants were young, I would snip off the top section of each and make a wonderful nettle tea. Just add hot water and honey!

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I had a similar thing happen in my garden except instead of stinging nettle, it was buttercup. Buttercup is really difficult to get rid of too! You HAVE to get it out by the roots.

If I was present when you pulled the stinging nettle, if the plants were young, I would snip off the top section of each and make a wonderful nettle tea. Just add hot water and honey!
Thank you

These nettles are deep rooted and keeps right on coming back

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Horticulture vinegar is much better to see better weed elimination . Horticultural vinegar is 20% acetic acid. This is four times stronger than household vinegar (5% acetic acid)

Latest posts