What are some of your favorite bloomin trees any season.

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Looked up oceanspray Holodiscus a shrub or small tree is widely grown on the pacific northwest coast and northern Ca. . Understory shrub, or small tree, attract bees and butterflies.

Fremontodendron Californicum California Flannel tree, a small understory tree .attracts bees and butterflies.
Full tree in my garden.
View attachment 68234

Close up flowers.
View attachment 68235
I love oceanspray! It grows wild all around here!

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Arbutus unedo strawberry tree

IMG_3322.jpegIMG_3320.jpegIMG_3354.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3321.jpeg
    IMG_3321.jpeg
    450.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3322.jpeg
    IMG_3322.jpeg
    352.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3320.jpeg
    IMG_3320.jpeg
    370.6 KB · Views: 11

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Did you know Silver Dollar Eucalyptus tree has flowers . It’s a small tree 20-25’ , a carefree tree with no insect or critters issues. Many make floral designs dried and live, as well as wreaths , swags . Last a long time when allowed to dry. The natural oils has a soft fragrance in any area in the home.
IMG_3493.jpeg

Silver Dollar Gum (Eucalyptus cinerea)

Close up leaf nodes.
IMG_3492.jpeg

Size of mature tree
IMG_3491.jpeg

Close up branches of leaves used for various craft projects.
IMG_3490.jpeg

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Ulmus glabra 'Pendula 'Camperdownii' weeping elm small understory tree.
Weeping small weeping branches height to 10-14 feet . Easy care .zones 5-7.
In flower as new leafs in spring form.
IMG_3243.jpeg

Close up of weeping elm flowers
IMG_3244.jpeg

Mature Weeping elm
IMG_3429.jpeg

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I know they are super invasive but I actually LIKE Paulownias in bloom. Like trees covered in foxgloves. I like Silk Trees too, at least, when they are blooming (they're not so great once all those blooms fall off and make huge rotting flower drifts, or come winter when the pods make that creepy rattling sound as the wind hits them {one of the trees relative A. lebbek is called "Woman's Tongue Tree" in its native India for all of the noise the pods make.)

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@Pulsegleaner how nice you added beautiful trees to the list .

I am not familiar with paulownia tree. I looked it up and found it very interesting. It’s apparently a pretty nice tree that flowers look like foxgloves, just as you described .I am intrigued by this tree.

Paulownia tomentosa, common names princess tree, empress tree, or foxglove-tree, is a deciduous hardwood tree and it is considered an invasive tree here in Oregon. But I wish I could grow one ,the paulownia tree would be a great addition in my garden.

In my research I also found that paulownia trees have become a more reliable hardwood that grows quickly and able to satisfy increasing demands around the world for hard wood. Research into Paulownia only really started when deforestation in North America became an issue.

Although the mimosa or Persian silk tree albizia tree can be invasive in some growing zones it is not in my zone 8b. I have 2 of them pictures in previous page.

Thank you for submitting the paulownia tree I have not seen one and while researching they do live up to their names…Princess Tree or Empress tree, beautiful trees.