Your Weather, 2024

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
87⁰f to 53⁰ , this morning. (31⁰C to 12⁰)

Supposed to be several degrees hotter this afternoon. Then, the wind will be back Sunday.

I have the big fan in the South Window and windows open throughout so that it isn't especially chilling to have that cool air coming through. Air conditioning can still be scheduled for a future date :).

Steve

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Our summer will visit and stay for uh, three days? The temperature so far is pretty low, too low. My cucumbers are dying, sigh.
螢幕擷取畫面 2024-06-24 140913.png

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We are expecting a daytime high of 17C(63F) for a couple of days this week, which is chilly. I have only planted out two cucumbers so far; the rest will have to hit the dirt soon. Thankfully temperatures will be closer to 22C(72F) going forward. That is my preferred temperature for gardening. Sunny and warm for photosynthesis, yet not too warm for working in the yard. Yesterday we were able to trim hedges and mow the lawn, and those tasks were really pleasant given the cooler weather.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I say that I am a fair weather gardener @Branching Out and I can usually get away with that.

Our garden plants are in a partnership. They require rescuing at times when Mother Nature isn't attentive or, simply, provides for our native flora and ignores our introduced. Sometimes, the introduced may have the good luck to find themselves in a comfortable environment and become invasive. It doesn't always happen and those plants that are out of their element require more attention. Certainly, it becomes more taxing for their caregiver 😐. I'm very willing to take advantage of the work of agriculturists and plant breeding to enhance the suitability of varieties comfortable in this environment and my accustomed and comfortable place within it.

Another 90⁰f (32⁰C) day is forecast for tomorrow now that a windy Sunday blew the earlier heat away.

Steve

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Brutal late last week, very hot and Very humid, cooler at night, though. It was supposed to be 97 degrees F tomorrow, now only 92 degrees, winds 10-20 mph, so not so bad.
Next week, high of 81.
Go.Figure.
It's been hot and sunny here the last few days which I warmly welcome! Tonight we are supposed to get 1/4 inch of rain.

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
About 1/2" of rain fell over the last 24 hours, so I was able to spend the day bumping up plants instead of watering the garden. What a bonus! Not a lot of heat in the forecast once the showers let up, but I suspect that it will be near ideal temperatures for vegetative growth. I am expecting an explosion of growth.

Latest posts