Your Weather, 2024

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
High temp 95 F . It’s too hot to even get out and water. It’s going to cool down in 2 days. This hot weather has also created a lot of wildfires again. Very Smokey outside.over 1million acres burned this year in wildfires this is the worst wildfire season and hot temps both breaking records.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
it rained some Thursday night and then again a few showers Friday afternoon so i'm not planning on watering this week at all. the ground is not dried out and i want the beans to dry out anyways and finish up.

it is 56F out and the high today is forecast to hit 60F. the rest of the week it goes up to the mid-80s again, all sunshine and no more rains in the forecast for now.

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Much cooler today we have survived the 3 digit temps from climate change the past few days.
Today - Marine layer slight misting ,clear skies - sort of still smoky from the forest wildfires. A grey hue in the clouds. The trees are turning color won’t be long until, autumn color appears, my fav time of year. The tree frogs are out squeaking for mates and the sun is much lower in the sky . Soon I’ll be complaining it to cold. 😊

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Much cooler today we have survived the 3 digit temps from climate change the past few days.
Today - Marine layer slight misting ,clear skies - sort of still smoky from the forest wildfires. A grey hue in the clouds. The trees are turning color won’t be long until, autumn color appears, my fav time of year. The tree frogs are out squeaking for mates and the sun is much lower in the sky . Soon I’ll be complaining it to cold. 😊

it's already too cold here. 66F inside and i'm looking at the thermostat, but Mom is baking cookies and the sun is out so it will get warmer in here. until then i hide under my binkie and drink hot chocolate.

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It was supposed to be really hot yesterday however that didn't materialize as the smoke from wildfires prevented the sun from shining through. The Fire Smoke website suggests that we will be smoky on and off for a few days: https://firesmoke.ca/forecasts/current/

It's been humid too, which is unusual for this area. I noted that some of the lettuce seed is developing mold rather than drying on the plants, so I will have to be vigilant in order to save seeds this year.

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Just heard a flock of geese head south. Can't see them due to fog and smoke. Made the dogs get up and look outside!!
That's a sure sign of fall and winter approaching.
This maple tree across the road started showing its fall colors this morning. Cold temps of recent nights are working their magic...
FallFoliageBegins8Sep2024.JPG

Latest posts