Your Weather, 2024

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It's 5.49am here and it's hissing cat's and dog's.

I was hoping to get my front door painted today but there's fat chance if that if this rain keeps on coming.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's 5.49am here and it's hissing cat's and dog's.

I was hoping to get my front door painted today but there's fat chance if that if this rain keeps on coming.

we need to do that too. it actually could happen today as we're also supposed to be redoing the counter tops which means the doors may be open anyways. was i planning on doing this today? no... oh well... i do have the paint. which i've had for two years.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We are under a burn ban and in drought. Got over 4 feet of rain the first 6 months of the year, then it finally stopped. When it stopped, it really stopped! Would like a little rain now please. Grass is curled and dry, the winter grass hasn’t come up, I’m glad I went on a hay buying spree because I’m gonna need it this winter.

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We are under a burn ban and in drought. Got over 4 feet of rain the first 6 months of the year, then it finally stopped. When it stopped, it really stopped! Would like a little rain now please. Grass is curled and dry, the winter grass hasn’t come up, I’m glad I went on a hay buying spree because I’m gonna need it this winter.
Feast or famine, that seems the way too often.

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Not sure if this belongs on a weather thread or not, but the foliage this year has been gorgeous. At first it began as sort of drab shades of orange and yellow, but then last week the cool temperatures caused dramatic bright reds to appear, and those dull oranges to transform into vibrant on-fire orange.

It was aggravating that I needed to journey to town on 3 consecutive days to run various errands, but now I'm glad I did, because the route took me right along the edge of the national forest, so for the entire commute I had the bright colored sunlit ridge of mountains to look at. I've lived in Vermont for more than a half century but foliage season never gets old, probably because it lasts such a short time. Should have pulled over and taken some pictures, should've-could've-didn't as the saying goes.

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@SPedigrees why not add Autumn color here ! 👍 After all the ‘Weather’ is responsible which has been dry, less wind/rain which has helped to emphasize the importance of autumn color .

I agree the wind and rain storms that usually come early fall have been delayed this year by warmer ocean temps.
The Autumn leaf color is beautiful here too. As the afternoon sun shines across the landscape showing the glow of leaf color in every shade to dazzle the eye.

Pic of the valley below from the east pasture.
IMG_4858.jpeg