Your Weather, 2024

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Nice to know you are spending time with your sweet pup . As painful as this time is you are doing the right thing. Let him go over the rainbow, where he’ll be full bladdered, full minded and run all day chasing birds in the pastures of flowers and joy. Tears of sadness and lots of gentle hugs sent your way . 😢🤗🤗

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@SPedigrees why not add Autumn color here ! 👍 After all the ‘Weather’ is responsible which has been dry, less wind/rain which has helped to emphasize the importance of autumn color .

I agree the wind and rain storms that usually come early fall have been delayed this year by warmer ocean temps.
The Autumn leaf color is beautiful here too. As the afternoon sun shines across the landscape showing the glow of leaf color in every shade to dazzle the eye.

Pic of the valley below from the east pasture.View attachment 69819
Just beautiful!

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We're having sunny warm weather with colder nights. Peak foliage season has passed, but I did take a 'before' picture a week ago, as well as an 'after' shot today.

From the dog yard: Edges of sugar maples were just starting to color up and all the tiny red crabapples are on my tree. (This is not the tree that's dying - that one is around the front of the house.)
Before.JPG

Today: The bright reds are mostly gone but woods behind the house are still pretty.
After.JPG

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It's been heavy rain and wind here.. the rain has stopped for now. Temperature is 11c

Thankfully the rain stopped for a while earlier this evening, so I could let my dog go to the park before we said our final goodbye.
Very sorry for your loss. RIP sweet dog.

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I had hoped for a warm, dry October but sadly it wasn't meant to be. We have received over 20cm (8") of rain over the weekend, a shocking total. Areas closer to the mountains got even more. The precipitation was accompanied by strong winds so the garden looks like an unmade bed; the remaining dahlias have been whipped around like crazy, and many plants have lodged and are lying on the ground. If it dries out today I will put on my rubber boots and venture out to see if any of the last beans or peppers can be salvaged. Our area drains well and there is sun in the forecast for Tuesday, so that should be a good day for cleaning up the mess in the yard. 🙃

Last edited:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Branching Out , I just spent about 30 minutes trying to understand the weather we are having. We certainly didn't receive our share of your 8 inches of rain. Added to the 1/8th inch that fell late last week, we may yet gain today, the 1/2 inch promised back then. However, it is raining so lightly that it almost wasn't noticeable when I pulled the garbage cans to the curb this AM.

Wind yes, but not terrible. Yesterday was quite pleasant with temperatures above 70⁰f (21⁰C). Frost, we have had – repeatedly over recent weeks. At the same time and through September, we officially averaged the warmest low temperature average for the month. I think that we may be on track to do that for October.

The weather service says that the most northerly Cascade highway pass may have several inches of snow today. When the rain stops, we may see freezing fog but the soil temperature is so warm that it may not present any icy roadway danger. Any snowfall at higher elevations may melt as soon as it falls. I just checked the local snow skiing area cameras at 5,000 feet. It's raining and snowing. Probably okay because the soil is dry everywhere.

digitS'

Latest posts