2024 Little Easy Bean Network - Growing Heirloom Beans Of Today And Tomorrow

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i'm always interested in seeing any PD crosses for sure. :) i saw one yesterday in passing (as i was sorting pods to go into boxes and flats so they could finish drying completely before they go into a paper bag).

i've pretty much run out of paper bags so i had to go from boxes and flats and the last paper bag to sort them out (sorting the dry from the damp ones) and filled the paper bag to overflowing and then after they were all sorted i put them back in boxes and flats to finish drying completely. i'm only drying off the nightly dewfall so they are almost bone dry and a lot of them are shattering as i'm sorting. a few days in the boxes and flats and they'll be ready to go back in a paper bag if i can find one.

i picked four boxes yesterday. there were chances of rain for last night and this morning but it looks like it all missed us so now there is no rain in the forecast for the entire week again. fire risk today with high winds - hope people are careful out there.

i still have the whole back part of this last garden to go through and look for dry pods plus some other gardens to check but those can happen anytime this week as i put up gardens and putter around.

yesterday i finished shelling out what i had separated out of Venda pods and noticed a solid black outcross. it's the first outcross from those i've seen. i did the shelling out of those because i needed the box for picking and sorting... i still have boxes stacked up in the high corner of the room, but it's hard to get at those now with all these other boxes and flats around drying or waiting to be shelled... :) it's a good spot to be in considering how many pods the groundhogs ate - i was wondering if i was going to have much of a harvest this year a few months ago.

Latest posts