Baymule’s Farm

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
It’s pouring rain, got 1 1/4” yesterday evening. Going to rain all week, but at least it’s cooler. It’s time for me to feed dogs, sheep and horse. Dogs are easy. I fill their pans in the utility room and today they get a scoop of rice cooked in chicken broth, over their kibble.

Horse, dump water out of feed pan, same with sheep. They have shelter, but feed is outside. It’s wet and miserable, guess I’d better go slop around in the rain.

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@baymule That’s what mud boots are for..I can’t tell you how many boots are lost in the muck - entry area to feed the horses.
It’s harsh weather you’re getting in Texas. Poor animals It’s funny how they adapt. Empty out the feed bowls show where there priorities are… :oops: food…

Last edited:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
My day yesterday started out good, but quickly went to crap. I mowed in the yard with the tractor. Moved a truck and mule to mowed spot. Noticed I had a low tire. Moved tractor near back porch and carried my air compressor to the porch and plugged it in. Two things happened,
1. Air compressor ran and ran and ran, didn’t shut off. I looked closer, and it wouldn’t go over 30 PSI.
2. I looked closer at back tire on the tractor, tire was no longer sealed on the rim, I broke the bead.

Low tire on the truck, went to neighbors house and aired up tires all around. Went to post office, came home. Tried to back up to stock trailer but truck kept sliding sideways a little. After several tries of pulling forward and trying again, my tires started spinning and I barely got out of there. Tires on the trailer are perfect, don’t need air. Just thought I’d toss that in there.

Went in the house did a few things. Power went off. Really?

Bennett and Peggy came over to look at the tractor tire. Opinion is Jack up tractor, take wheel off and take to local tire shop to get it checked for a leak and put back on. They left on their Honda 4 wheeler. I walked down the driveway a bit and noticed a fuel trail. Not good. Is it theirs or is it mine? I checked the grass between gate and trailer, there it was. Fuel trail is mine. Truck has a fuel leak.

I sat out on the porch to catch a breeze, power was still off on the house. Won’t be taking sheep to auction today.

I texted Chris, told him about fuel leak. He brought my sons tractor back yesterday afternoon and looked at the truck, let it run, couldn’t find a leak. Thinks it might be the tank, since I drove it, the fuel level might be low enough for it not to leak. Drive it, run the fuel low, and he’ll come get it.

Chase came over to help load sheep that I WAS going to take to auction this morning. I was going to haul 2 of his lambs that he brought over a few days ago. He offered to bring feed for them until next week, I declined. Then he offered to take tractor wheel off and get it fixed. I darn sure got on board with that! He went home to get sockets and a big break over wrachet, but didn’t have a deep socket to fit tractor lug nuts. He’s going to buy some tomorrow and will take wheel and tire to get it fixed.

And it finished up a lousy day by raining again. Weather report is forecasting 2” of rain this afternoon and storms for the weekend.
But next week there will be sunshine, hopefully I can get fuel leak fixed, Chris will have to drop the tank. I have 15 sheep to take to auction, plus the 2 that belong to Chase. But not today.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@baymule That’s what mud boots are for..I can’t tell you how many boots are lost in the muck - entry area to feed the horses.
It’s harsh weather you’re getting in Texas. Poor animals It’s funny how they adapt. Empty out the feed bowls show where there priorities are… :oops: food…
Ain’t that the truth! I buy the good boots, not the cutesy ladies boots with flowers printed on them. I can tear those up in a week. The good boots $$$ can last me a year before I destroy them. LOL

The rain is hampering my efforts but last year at this time, it was 100F plus, drought and I was roofing the house. So I’m trying not to complain about the rain but I sure need a week of sunshine!

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@baymule wow what a Rube Goldberg day. Yikes.😳. Boy what’s that saying. “When it rains it pours”!__
Ohhh it did rain too .
I’ve had a day like that last week. I’ll spare you the long complicated story but like your day it was one thing after another day which was my Rube Goldberg day. I’m still recovering. At least you have neighbors and friends that can help. Those days happen occasionally . Sometimes the simplest things goes hay-wire.🙃

I hope you get things sorted out and the sheep loaded .

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Chris came over, Sunday afternoon and pumped the diesel out of the truck tank. He dropped the tank and found a rotted hose. The fuel hose he was using just happened to be the size needed and he cut a piece off and installed it on the fuel tank.
I keep checking for a fuel leak, not one!

I went by local tire store yesterday to pick up tractor wheel/tire. Jamie said mud had gotten between tire edge and rim of the wheel. He dismounted the tire, cleaned it and the metal wheel and put the tire back on. He didn’t charge me anything. What a nice guy.

Chase is coming over this afternoon to borrow my flatbed trailer and will put the wheel back on my tractor.

Mud is drying up and I’ll be able to hitch up my stock trailer. I’ll be loading lambs at break of dawn Thursday morning.

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I put on my Atwoods cap and head mosquito net to do chores this evening. Gnats were lighting ob the net but couldn’t get in. Score!

And yes, the dogs barked their heads off at Monster Mom.
We had a cute little Jack Russell Terrier that lived in the house behind us when the kids were little. Our kids were given permission to play with this dog whenever they felt like it. They became dear friends with this doggo. Once I came out in the yard with a big hat and sunglasses and this dog couldn't stop barking at me until I took off my gear! Lol!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sheep were loaded up yesterday evening and parked in shade. I fed them early, before loading up and put water in the trailer for them. I’ll be pulling out in a little while. Picking up a friend in Apple Springs, she is so excited, never been to a livestock auction. It looks like I’m finally going to get there today after 2 failed attempts. Then I have LOTS of work to do. I have to work the ewes that are going into breeding pens, take fecal samples, worm, trim feet. Sort pregnant ewes out of breeding pens, take fecal samples, test for worms, worm those that need it. Trim feet. Pregnant ewes should start lambing in September-December.

Latest posts