Baymule’s Farm

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
does "no sale" mean that the owner refuses a low bid or was it that there were no bids at all?

sorry the prices were poor.
@baymule Probably had to put down a fee for the auction house, wouldn't break the bank, but you lose it if you go "No sale." Been to Plenty of horse and fowl auctions myself.
I agree, Baymule, sell them so you don't have to feed them. I would like to believe that Somebody bought them that normally couldn't afford some nice lambs.
Nobody sells their best horse at an auction, probably the same with other livestock, too.
:hugs

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@baymule Probably had to put down a fee for the auction house, wouldn't break the bank, but you lose it if you go "No sale." Been to Plenty of horse and fowl auctions myself.
I agree, Baymule, sell them so you don't have to feed them. I would like to believe that Somebody bought them that normally couldn't afford some nice lambs.
Nobody sells their best horse at an auction, probably the same with other livestock, too.
:hugs
Sometimes good sheep or goats show up at auction, I’ve taken nice sheep to auction. It’s also where I take culls. On farm sales are sheep I’m proud of and would keep for myself.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
it's hard to keep up a large property if you have a lot of other things you also enjoy doing. add in complications like animals and machinery and it really becomes a big job for more than one person. doing that alone is a tough row to hoe.
Yes it can be. I’m having to realize that I can’t go 24-7 like I used to. LOL

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I raked up yesterday’s “hay” and gave lots of wagon loads to Rocky and Little Ringo. Moved that last tub failed garden of weeds. Mowed more strips of grass. More home made hay.

Came in, finished the touch up spots on the 2 living room walls. I hung 2 pictures, it looks pretty good. Got some smaller stuff to put up, 2 old iron stirrups, some bits, that kind of stuff.

IMG_7020.jpeg

I sent it to my daughter. She sent back, It looks better than mine , and a picture of a wrecked out utility room, knocked out wall and destruction debris.

I sent back not really. But it does give me something nice to look at. And a picture of the dining area with boxes piled up, table unrecognizable, and crap everywhere. I’ll just look at my pretty wall. 😃😃😃😃

IMG_7021.jpeg

I did clear that table, unpacked 3 more boxes and made a stack of stuff to go outside. But that area is still a train wreck. :lol:

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ah the conflict between inside and outside work, I've been struggling with it this summer.

As far as pictures go, I have not one inch of wall space left anywhere in the house. One can never have too many pictures! My home is like a cross between a cluttered antique shop and a natural history museum, and I like it that way. It makes cleaning difficult, so everything is usually adorned with a layer of dust.

My property too is grown up and needs trimming badly. Jungle growth takes over in late summer and, while I hate winter, it's always a relief when fall comes and outdoor tasks start to diminish. The amount of work you do makes me exhausted just to think of it.
The work this lady does actually hurts my back even more. Now I just want to go back to bed and I've only just got up :th

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I did clear that table, unpacked 3 more boxes and made a stack of stuff to go outside. But that area is still a train wreck. :lol:

that doesn't look too bad at all... :)

when my aunt visited a few weekends ago she said my room looked neat, there's a ton of dust and cobwebs here or there and so she wasn't looking that closely or perhaps she was comparing to what it looked like the last time she was here. hahaha! anyways i didn't hear the comment until after they left and Mom mentioned it to me (she's always after me to keep my desk cleared off but that's rarely an event, even if it only takes me a few minutes to do it because i leave projects out to remind me that they need to be done - out of sight is out of mind).

it looked pretty bad before as i had all my beans out for planting and trying to decide what to put in plus i was trying to get the peas more organized but that didn't happen too much. within an hour i can make my room presentable enough, but it takes a few hours longer if i'm dusting the floor and going after spiders.

my cousin freaked out about spiders when i was going to show her the worm bins as there are tiny spiders in some of them. she was not at all comforted by the idea that they were tiny spiders and they could not possibly bite you.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Last Thursday evening a friend came over to pet sheep. First we went in Coopers field. The Anatolians came up and investigated her. After proper introduction they concluded she was ok and she could pet them. She adored the dogs and thought they were wonderful. Then we walked among the ewes and she petted them. She was so impressed with Cooper, so masculine with his lions mane, but so gentle. When she got all she wanted, I set her a lawn chair in the shade and fed the sheep. Then I took the chair to the pen in the front field so she could sit down. The ewes didn’t disappoint, they came for all the petting and attention that she could lavish on them. Then we went inside for a piece of pie and visited.

IMG_7038.jpeg

Then up early Friday morning, out at daylight to feed, then off to San Antonio! I stopped at Buc Ees on I-10 outside of San Antonio to fill up. Loved this big water tank.

IMG_7042.jpeg

friend Sarah and I went to the Tower restaurant and bar to eat before the concert. It stirred a memory and I asked the bartender when it was built. 1968. I said, For the world’s fair? She said yes. I exclaimed. I was here! We came to the Worlds Fair and we came up here! We split a rib eye steak dinner.

Click to see picture of the tower.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...013.jpg/1280px-Tower_of_the_americas_2013.jpg

The concert was at the Alamodome and it was full.

IMG_7046.jpeg

IMG_7045.jpeg

Our seats were second row-from the top!

IMG_7043.jpeg

We danced in our seats, stood up, danced, sang along, loud and badly off key and had a great time. The Steve Miller Band was first then Journey. Def Leppard was up last, but by then we were tired and caught an Uber to her house.

She has a Desert Willow in her yard. Pretty tree, pretty blooms, stays small and makes an attractive yard tree.

IMG_7047.jpeg

She is General Manager of a restaurant on the River Walk, but also caters weddings on the side. She had a tasting scheduled for Saturday at “The Pearl”. The Pearl is the site of the old Pearl beer brewery and has been purchased and the whole area turned into small businesses on bottom floor and condos and apartments on top floors. The old brewery itself has been gutted and made into a luxury hotel. Surrounding area has been bought, former site of the 1968 World’s Fair, for more inner city living. It’s very attractive and people were utilizing the outdoor spaces.

IMG_7050.jpeg

IMG_7051.jpeg

IMG_7052.jpeg

IMG_7053.jpeg

Nice to visit, wouldn’t want to live all crowded up like that.

She lives a mile from downtown in an old section of town, a very mixed neighborhood. There are some mansions, refurbished and beautiful. Maybe next door is an old house, rundown with trucks parked in the yard. Her house is a duplex, she rents out the other side. There is a big city park 2 blocks away with walking trails, ball fields, YMCA, tennis courts and it is extremely clean and well kept.
I enjoyed myself last weekend!

Latest posts