Baymule’s Farm

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Last Thursday evening a friend came over to pet sheep. First we went in Coopers field. The Anatolians came up and investigated her. After proper introduction they concluded she was ok and she could pet them. She adored the dogs and thought they were wonderful. Then we walked among the ewes and she petted them. She was so impressed with Cooper, so masculine with his lions mane, but so gentle. When she got all she wanted, I set her a lawn chair in the shade and fed the sheep. Then I took the chair to the pen in the front field so she could sit down. The ewes didn’t disappoint, they came for all the petting and attention that she could lavish on them. Then we went inside for a piece of pie and visited.

View attachment 68079

Then up early Friday morning, out at daylight to feed, then off to San Antonio! I stopped at Buc Ees on I-10 outside of San Antonio to fill up. Loved this big water tank.

View attachment 68080

friend Sarah and I went to the Tower restaurant and bar to eat before the concert. It stirred a memory and I asked the bartender when it was built. 1968. I said, For the world’s fair? She said yes. I exclaimed. I was here! We came to the Worlds Fair and we came up here! We split a rib eye steak dinner.

Click to see picture of the tower.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...013.jpg/1280px-Tower_of_the_americas_2013.jpg

The concert was at the Alamodome and it was full.

View attachment 68082

View attachment 68087

Our seats were second row-from the top!

View attachment 68081

We danced in our seats, stood up, danced, sang along, loud and badly off key and had a great time. The Steve Miller Band was first then Journey. Def Leppard was up last, but by then we were tired and caught an Uber to her house.

She has a Desert Willow in her yard. Pretty tree, pretty blooms, stays small and makes an attractive yard tree.

View attachment 68088

She is General Manager of a restaurant on the River Walk, but also caters weddings on the side. She had a tasting scheduled for Saturday at “The Pearl”. The Pearl is the site of the old Pearl beer brewery and has been purchased and the whole area turned into small businesses on bottom floor and condos and apartments on top floors. The old brewery itself has been gutted and made into a luxury hotel. Surrounding area has been bought, former site of the 1968 World’s Fair, for more inner city living. It’s very attractive and people were utilizing the outdoor spaces.

View attachment 68083

View attachment 68084

View attachment 68085

View attachment 68086

Nice to visit, wouldn’t want to live all crowded up like that.

She lives a mile from downtown in an old section of town, a very mixed neighborhood. There are some mansions, refurbished and beautiful. Maybe next door is an old house, rundown with trucks parked in the yard. Her house is a duplex, she rents out the other side. There is a big city park 2 blocks away with walking trails, ball fields, YMCA, tennis courts and it is extremely clean and well kept.
I enjoyed myself last weekend!
What a wonderful journey. I would have really enjoyed that concert and to see where your friend lives and works.

I'm really pleased to see you living such an exciting life 😀

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wednesday, I could only work outside till 10:30 AM, it was too hot. Only fed dogs and watered sheep Wednesday evening and had to come in and cool off. Then finished chores. I’m getting real tired of this heat and being wet to my knees with sweat.

I worked on the lumber pile, bones that remain of the shed the hurricane blew apart. Really only the back wall and roof, the other 2 sections are still standing. I don’t count success by number of boards. No. I count success by number of those darned 4’ ringshank nails I pull out! I pulled 23 of them! Hammer, wrecking bar, and me!

IMG_7065.jpeg

Then I started deconstruction on the pallet and scrap plywood floor I put in the used to be shed. I’ve been parking round bales in there and had a mess to clean up, that was on Tuesday . I uncovered 4 pallets and have a pile of scrap to burn when it rains again.

IMG_7064.jpeg

I took Carson to Lowe’s to get door trim and white paint. He had a wonderful time greeting people whether they wanted to pet a big dog or not. People love Carson!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
The lead singer is a Filipino artist and he can belt it out! Wow! He’s so good!

i'm not sure it is the same guy now or not but at one time some years ago there was a special on tv where it showed how they found their new singer. i've seen it a few times. Don't Stop Believin' is the title of the movie and of course one of their songs...

No Heart. ❤️ 💔

oh, that's sad for sure, it would have been a treat to see them.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Day before yesterday I sat on the front porch with a screwdriver and the shop vac, digging dirt and dog hair out from between the boards. Yesterday I put 2 coats of stain, redwood color, on the porch. Directions say to stay off and let it cure for 72 hours. I don’t know if I can do that, it’s Carson’s yard and porch. LOL. It’s so pretty now I don’t know if I ever want to step on it again, much less doggy feet! But, I will and so will Carson.

Before

IMG_7078.jpeg

After

IMG_7082.jpeg

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@baymule you did such a good job totally amazing , I have a deck that could use some shine…Sooo …what ya doing next week… ? Kidding. 😉
Can’t imagine the dedication and patience it took to clean out all the cracks with a screw driver preserving the integrity of the wood. Looking back no one walks on that deck it’s a work of art at this point.👏