Baymule’s Farm

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Day before yesterday I sat on the front porch with a screwdriver and the shop vac, digging dirt and dog hair out from between the boards. Yesterday I put 2 coats of stain, redwood color, on the porch. Directions say to stay off and let it cure for 72 hours. I don’t know if I can do that, it’s Carson’s yard and porch. LOL. It’s so pretty now I don’t know if I ever want to step on it again, much less doggy feet! But, I will and so will Carson.

Before

View attachment 68123

After

View attachment 68122
Looking really good. 👍

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bennett came up with a 200 pound boat this morning, just at daylight . Chase had said he wanted one, so I told Bennett to bring it on. Forgot Chase is off today, he went and got ice and joined the party. The three of us did the non gut, just skin out the back and front legs, peel hide off far enough to get the back straps.
And it started to rain. Pouring down buckets of rain. Chase’s cooler had a big crack, we used mine. We got the boar packed on ice and Chase will salt and soak him 3 days.

It was a spotted hog, so has some domestic hog in him. Ought to be good eating.

I came in, peeled off wet clothes and took a shower. I was going to get 4 loads of dirt this morning. So much for that. Haven’t done outside chores either. It can wait for the rain to move on. Guess I’ll go to town at some point today and get longer Brad nails for the quarter round in the living room. I’d be doing that now, but the ones I have are too short.

Sorry, I didn’t get pictures, my hands were messy.