Baymule’s Farm

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I worked on that boar for 2 days. I got down to about 12 pounds of meat that needed to be ground up and just bagged it and put it in the refrigerator. I was exhausted. I ground it later. All told, that 200 pound feral boar yielded 70 pounds of boneless meat.

The hams weighed 20 pounds each. I cut them in half.

IMG_7284.jpeg

Beautiful red meat!

IMG_7285.jpeg

Fresh ham steak. I continued to cut around the bone and made vacuum sealed packages of one pound each.

IMG_7287.jpeg

Shoulder from the sow. Look closely and you can see the bullet hole.
IMG_7281.jpeg

Turned over and it is evident. I cut all of the damaged meat away. It went into the scraps unfit for human or dog consumption, to be thrown out for buzzards and other wild animals.

IMG_7282.jpeg

Backstrap. If bone were attached it would be the pork chops. I take a sharp knife and carefully cut the tough silver skin off.

IMG_7278.jpeg

Silverskin off, very little meat wasted.

IMG_7279.jpeg

I will share meat with my son, my daughter and her family and a dear friend and her family.

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I worked on that boar for 2 days. I got down to about 12 pounds of meat that needed to be ground up and just bagged it and put it in the refrigerator. I was exhausted. I ground it later. All told, that 200 pound feral boar yielded 70 pounds of boneless meat.

The hams weighed 20 pounds each. I cut them in half.

View attachment 69469

Beautiful red meat!

View attachment 69470

Fresh ham steak. I continued to cut around the bone and made vacuum sealed packages of one pound each.

View attachment 69471

Shoulder from the sow. Look closely and you can see the bullet hole. View attachment 69472

Turned over and it is evident. I cut all of the damaged meat away. It went into the scraps unfit for human or dog consumption, to be thrown out for buzzards and other wild animals.

View attachment 69473

Backstrap. If bone were attached it would be the pork chops. I take a sharp knife and carefully cut the tough silver skin off.

View attachment 69474

Silverskin off, very little meat wasted.

View attachment 69475

I will share meat with my son, my daughter and her family and a dear friend and her family.
That's cool you hunted your own meat! Not everyone knows how to do that!
When you cook the hams, do you have to do anything special to them to make them taste like ham from the store?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's cool you hunted your own meat! Not everyone knows how to do that!
When you cook the hams, do you have to do anything special to them to make them taste like ham from the store?
Neighbor has a hog trap, he shot them. But I’ve hunted in the past and if he takes his trap down, I can put one up on my place. Not a problem.

The hams are fresh meat, they are not cured. So the steaks I cut off the hams are more like round steak from a beef steer. The round bone gives name of round steak to the cut. So they will taste nothing like the ham from the store. I’m going to make chicken fried round steak either tonight or tomorrow night. I’ll take pictures and let you know how it tastes.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Neighbor has a hog trap, he shot them. But I’ve hunted in the past and if he takes his trap down, I can put one up on my place. Not a problem.

The hams are fresh meat, they are not cured. So the steaks I cut off the hams are more like round steak from a beef steer. The round bone gives name of round steak to the cut. So they will taste nothing like the ham from the store. I’m going to make chicken fried round steak either tonight or tomorrow night. I’ll take pictures and let you know how it tastes.
You are evil! Sharing pix of chicken fried steaks……. Love that meal!