Coffee

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am on another benedryl and I read, "...just add rice."
For when you have some left over coffee AND left over rice... why not? Hey, add a little chocolate & creamer = mocha rice! :drool I've just got to try that for breakfast tomorrow, with the left over rice in the fridge. The idea of eating my coffee appeals to me, I've always liked the dregs anyway.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have been busy in the mornings. I have been selling a few things on Etsy and now eBay, so I hurry up and drink coffee and work on that and then go out and feed the rabbit. I only have one left. I think she was dumped off in about 2020, so she is still pretty young. I am not sure what i want to do with her. I hate for her to be in the hutch alone, so I am thinking of making something where she can get on the ground and in the hutch, but I am not sure yet. The hutch is not going to last as long as she is.

I am finding some raspberries ripe and eating those and we have had kale and I am eating a few radishes. We have had fired squash and I found a pretty good size zucchini and made 2 loaves of zucchini bread. I have little tiny cucumbers now and a lot of little yellow squash. Everything is starting to get out of control. The cucumbers are going everywhere.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
mocha rice! :drool I've just got to try that for breakfast tomorrow, with the left over rice in the fridge. The idea of eating my coffee appeals to me
We will give you more time to try it, if you need it, Zeedman ;).

Good Morning. Banana pancakes and Thompson grapes. Oolong with my favorite herbal steeping, anise hyssop and lemon verbena.

I collected catnip and more of the hyssop at the garden, yesterday. Don't know what I will do with so much of the hyssop. It needs the verbena, IMO. But there is insufficient supply of that. I will try it with other citrus flavors :). The catnip, growing on its own outside the garden, is in very limited supply also but that's okay with me.

Finished some of the most seriously needed weeding out there. Found another catnip - once again, outside the garden. Tiniest thing and in a terrible location where it must have been stepped on. Next time out, I will have to decide if I should move it and where so that it gains some irrigation water without me actually doing anything more for it.

Sorry to say, the garden cat has not shown up this year. She was a nice critter, intent on hunting but able to be distracted by some petting. I suspect that she was just too inclined to ranging around and might have ventured into the roads in another direction. There is safety in a garden, you know. Also, catnip nearby.

Steve

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
For when you have some left over coffee AND left over rice... why not? Hey, add a little chocolate & creamer = mocha rice! :drool I've just got to try that for breakfast tomorrow, with the left over rice in the fridge. The idea of eating my coffee appeals to me, I've always liked the dregs anyway.
OMGosh, I Must make some rice pudding!!

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Time for some decaf. The last of the boss’ 5 kids got married today. It was a beautiful wedding, a friend of the family made the bride’s dress, there was, of course, no shortage of cowboy hats and boots, plenty of children, pickup trucks, flowers, leather, horses naturally and kids roping a dummy. And of course, our very favorite cowboy preacher who rode with these kids since they were all 3 yrs old and taught them so very much, baptized them all and officiated at all their weddings ❤️

IMG_4447.jpeg

IMG_4453.jpeg

IMG_4460.jpeg

IMG_4495.jpeg

IMG_4491.jpeg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Chambray and denim ... except for the Summer truckers cap or Winter newsboy, I could fit right in to the assemblage ;). Oh yeah, the hush puppies ...

Bananas and strawberries for the Cheerios. Catnip steeping in the kettle – since I decided not to venture out into the wind and dark to the fresh herbs. Oolong but I would prefer to keep the caffeinated energy low today. Not sleeping all that comfortably lately and without sufficient hours in the sack. Dozing off several times yesterday despite a fair amount of activity and exercise along with a social visit, as well.

Steve, snooore, huh?!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wednesday and Thursday-ripped up 5 sheets of OSB, laid new plywood down. Put drip edge on front edge of roof. Rolled out more strips of underlayment, tacked down. I had help those days. Lots of breaks, water and lemonade. Quit by 11:15, just too hot. Friday I put down 2 strips underlayment by myself. Yesterday had help, pulled up bad sheet of OSB, laid new sheet of plywood. Finished all the underlayment! Moved tarps around, secured with cinder blocks and 1 boy’s nailed through tarps to roof. Ordered metal for roof, took shingles back. Ordered radiant heat barrier to go under tin. Going after church to get 45 ten’ 1x4s for lath. Hope to have front side of roof ready to put metal on by Saturday.

Latest posts