Coffee

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ready for my 2nd cup. Got rabbits fed, garden watered, contemplated all that needs to be done and got weak in the knees. I used to be in perpetual motion, multi-tasking and getting things accomplished. This illness has been no fun.
Brother in law moving in later this month. He is a bit of a hermit and pretty depressed. Hoping we can help him and maybe he will help us too. Waiting for some flowers to bloom. That ALWAYS makes my life better! Snapdragons and one of the thousands of hollyhocks here have already started, and of course, my faithful roses ❤️
Fen woke me up to early and now the little sh*t is taking his nap. Little turd.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
For when you have some left over coffee AND left over rice... why not? Hey, add a little chocolate & creamer = mocha rice! :drool I've just got to try that for breakfast tomorrow, with the left over rice in the fridge. The idea of eating my coffee appeals to me, I've always liked the dregs anyway.
Finally tried that this morning. Edible (didn't throw it away) but I probably won't make it again. Of course, there was only one thing to wash it down with, the hair of the (caffeinated) dog. :lol:

Last edited:

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wednesday and Thursday-ripped up 5 sheets of OSB, laid new plywood down. Put drip edge on front edge of roof. Rolled out more strips of underlayment, tacked down. I had help those days. Lots of breaks, water and lemonade. Quit by 11:15, just too hot. Friday I put down 2 strips underlayment by myself. Yesterday had help, pulled up bad sheet of OSB, laid new sheet of plywood. Finished all the underlayment! Moved tarps around, secured with cinder blocks and 1 boy’s nailed through tarps to roof. Ordered metal for roof, took shingles back. Ordered radiant heat barrier to go under tin. Going after church to get 45 ten’ 1x4s for lath. Hope to have front side of roof ready to put metal on by Saturday.
Glad you had help and lemonade.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Starting to bring in more squash. I checked the freezer and I am going to start putting blackberries in the juicer and making juice for us to drink and make room for the pole beans that are now getting flowers. DD has already picked a few red cherry tomatoes. Mine are still green. The cabbage is so slow, but getting there. Trying to keep my flowers watered. They do not look that good, but Evelyn picked a daisy to take home and I picked some little ones for a vase. Tomorrow I am going to go play pickleball for the first time with a friend and see if I am able to walk when that is over with.

Attachments

• Evelyn and a daisy.JPG
    Evelyn and a daisy.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 60

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
...Brother in law moving in later this month. He is a bit of a hermit and pretty depressed. Hoping we can help him and maybe he will help us too. Waiting for some flowers to bloom. That ALWAYS makes my life better!

flowers and a playful doggie can do a lot to lift spirits.

yesterday i got to meet my nieces dog (a something doodle) and also my nephews dog (a golden lab who was confined to the cabin of the truck for the few minutes they were here but they had to leave so i could only stick my hand in the window and say hello), but back to my neice's doggie as it was actually allowed to come in the house (we can't let dogs run outside here it is way too dangerous) and it is a house dog only anyways. very nice doggie, it took some time to settle down as it wanted to go around and sniff everything but did not get into anything (i kept the door to my room closed as there are too many things in here that might have gotten too much attention). we played some on the floor with a tennis ball (he's not quite into fetch, but close enough) and i'm pretty sure my neice has a picture of us laying on the floor together playing. he's also very much a fluffy soft cuddle bug (no shedding!) once he settles down. i do love doggies and kitties but i also love that they can go home with their parents...

Snapdragons and one of the thousands of hollyhocks here have already started, and of course, my faithful roses ❤️
Fen woke me up to early and now the little sh*t is taking his nap. Little turd.

lol :) got any bubble wrap?

Latest posts