Coffee

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I barely had half a cup of coffee and out the door I went to play pickleball and I may be addicted to it now. LOL I am going again in the morning. I do not know if I got mosquito bites from the garden or this morning playing pickleball. The beans are going to take up all my spare time this summer. Just amazing compared to the way they usually are.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bitten by the bug, @Gardening with Rabbits ? Mosquito bites are no fun but I'm beginning to catch a whiff that the wiffleball has gained a new life in the 21st century. A high school friend lived on a par 5 golf course which immediately appealed to this farm kid for some baseball in his yard. "No, we can't go out there." Relegated to batting the wiffleball around. Sheesh

Half the Year has gone by! Full Moon yesterday -- well, I've come up with a gardening idea that growing both Tiara and Charmant cabbage may have been a mistake. The carport fridge is crammed because they both produce on about the same schedule!

Our green beans had terrible germination. I think that this was from 2017 seed. I don't remember this happening before. Two sowing, ordered and received fresh seed and still have time ;). Rattlesnake pole beans from saved seed are doing fine.

The Weather Service says our above-90 days will be back by Thursday. I was appreciating the low-80's.

smilieinhamock.gif

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hands are ugly bad this morning. (So are feet. Yet ANOTHER Dr appt Thurs, praying they can help, somehow 😵‍💫)
Did manage to spray some water where I planted a few flower seeds. I will have to narrow my vision down to that 2sq ft where there are flowers instead of weeds. I’m learning it’s all about perspective.

Wondering if I blindfold Fen at night he will sleep past 5 am? My eyes actually burn from lack of sleep because the sheppie from hell insists on being fed the second his eyes open and he has given up extortion in favor of screaming so the whole ranch knows he is hongry. I never had a screamer before.
Hi today of 83 so the rabids will be happy about that. Yesterday they glared at me from their cages like I should bring them in the house. Phfffft!

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
When hubs is gone and the dogs wake up at 5:15 - 5:45, I stumble out, let them go pee, then throw them their food. Then stumble back to bed, with the bedroom door closed!!
Fen can open the door and lets himself in and out. I’ve taken to freezing his breakfast inside a toy to keep him busy longer but he won’t let me go back to sleep. 😳 He is a cruel taskmaster

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning. Had 8 hours on the horizontal after being up way too early on a few "mornings." :)

It will be a hot day and I won't have a lot of time to cool off the house this morning. Fortunately, there need not be much cooking and the AC battling the kitchen appliances. And, there is AC in the car for some comings and goings ;).

I hope you have enjoyed the Full Moon. It's still big and bright but you will want to be prepared for TWO Super Moons in August -- we are told! About the first and last day of of that moonth ;). The moon rising and setting should be huge. Oh yeah, it will be a blue moon because of the dates, whatever that means for us folks scratching a calendar on the cave wall ;).

Time for breakfast ☺️!

Latest posts