Coffee

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@ducks4you , did you feel an earthquake after the yogurt & coffee?

@Carol Dee , you may have been closer to the epicenter.

One time, I was very close to the epicenter of a minor quake like that. I thought a truck had hit the house!

Steve
Not at all. I only remember feeling a quake here when I was a teenager and the glass bottles dance around on the vanity top in my bedroom. But then again with road construction going on for weeks now we are so used to a shaking house we would have ignored it!

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
images

There's at least 1/2 pot so grab a cup, sit and relax for a few!
A WEEK FROM TODAY IS THANKSGIVING, are Y'all prepared?
1700143888623.png

The Save The Date cards FH and I picked. He said the colors are pretty close to the ones in our color scheme. Now to get him to agree to matching invites and RSVP cards.

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Save the Date cards ORDERED be here between Nov 22-Nov 30.
Tomorrow FH and I are putting up our Christmas lights and the outside tree then on Sunday the Christmas inflatables are going up!!! I so can't wait for it all to be finished and hopefully this year my exact vision of it (the one that's currently in my mind ONLY) will actually be presented

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
IMG_0827.jpeg
Toad in the Hole with the beet bread. We have to move on to later harvested pears than Bartletts, still good but the d'Anjou are out there.

Doing good with apples: Golden Delicious ➡️ Gala ➡️ Fuji. But then, this is apple country. It's just me who is a displaced pear head. Good Morning.

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i got ready for today by taking a nap this morning. i stayed up late reading. i knew this morning it was going to be too cold outside (frost visited again) i'm not in a great hurry to go outside and today is cold out there, but sunny.

i hear farm equipment so they are harvesting corn. it rained the other day so they are being rather brave putting a tractor on that field.

i am not sure what i am doing today. :) breathe in breathe out is enough at the moment...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning.

It's Sunday and the growing season has passed. Thanksgiving week in the US. DS is out of the country so it will just be a visit from DD. We have the fixin's for what is traditional. Her dinner choices for Thursday dinner and I remember straying from the traditional with oyster stuffing once – oh my!

After several hours of light rain, it's snowing. It was expected since we are only 1°f above freezing and still pre-dawn with the radar map suggesting that this little storm will soon be slacking off. It may not cause too much of a problem out there on the roadways.

Here's hoping that your family travels 🚙 & ✈️ are safe and enjoyable.

Steve