Coffee

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
68ad60041502d2f020a022aff3b5cfe1.gif

There's a FRESH HOT and READY pot of coffee waiting to be shared plus tea bags and hot cocoa packets.
On Sunday FH and I went shopping didn't do nothing when we got home except put groceries away. On Monday I spent the day breaking down family packs of meat into smaller freezer packs plus doing the same with veggies. Yesterday I spent the day rearranging 2 rooms and waxing my hardwood floors plus swept front sidewalk and did some more veggies for freezer (blame all that on the NEW bottles of coffee I got on Sunday from Walmart for $1.98/bottle (it has 100mg of caffeine along with 10 grams of protein/12 oz bottle) now today I have to finish those rooms off plus the floors and do the last little bit of veggies along with the rest of the floors.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Going for the C-19 vaccine this morning. I came through all the others with no more than sore shoulders
Ouch. The first 8 or 10 hours, I felt dang-near nothing. Sore shoulder over night – DW says no bruise and I wouldn't have expected one but, of course, that is my feeling with each of these C-19 shots. The CDC says that more than half will have the muscle discomfort.

The Epsom salts and the bath was so pleasant. It is very relaxing – almost too much so 💤.

Tomorrow afternoon should be a time for completing the down&dirty part of Winter prep for the big veggie garden. Temperatures here at home dropped just below freezing this morning and it may be a little colder tomorrow but the recent rain and warmth turned around the trend towards freezing the soil surface. Any further good workdays next week just may allow a bonanza return for an additional tilling of the final quarter benefitting beyond down&dirty, as can be expected for 2023 ;).

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, I hope so and thank you, @Country Homesteader .

Sitting here with the common aches that drove me out of bed (at a not-unreasonable hour, at least). Stirred around a little, now I'm back with the malto-meal, raisins, honey and butter in the bowl. Pear slices on the side with the oolong ...

"Joy in the Little Things," @Phaedra calls it. Of course but some would point out how small any special pleasure it is that one person is taking with his breakfast. Oh sure. Was there something more important at this moment? Well, does it count that I was watching a brief documentary on globalization? Pros and Cons. Prosperity for many – can it be sustained? Environmental Damage and Human Conflict – where and when do we rein it in? Should I personally just turn my back, shrug, get on with ways for me to make a buck / save a buck / glorify my experience with a special view from the 32nd floor after a flight at 10,000 feet?

Of course, what I will be especially enjoying is my Gin Ricky in the tall, frosted glass 😁. Too early for that ... or, is it too late, I mean it ain't daylight. Nah, time for coffee or will it be the herbal tea from the garden 🤔?

Steve