Coffee

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Phaedra there is nothing simple about your sponge cake. As usual, it is a work of culinary excellence. Beautiful.

Coffee is ready. Still dark here. So I’m going to enjoy my coffee and an imaginary slice of @Phaedra’s sponge cake! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Thanks Bay, decorating the cake with whipping cream is more challenging than I thought, I almost lost my patience while doing it. The decoration took longer time than baking the cake. :lol:

However, I later learned that adding ingredients like white chocolate, corn starch, or gelatin can help stabilize it. I will do better (and easier, I think) next time. It's great to have a homemade cake in the fridge, and it will become a product for the cafe in the future, too. :D

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@Phaedra there is nothing simple about your sponge cake. As usual, it is a work of culinary excellence. Beautiful.

Coffee is ready. Still dark here. So I’m going to enjoy my coffee and an imaginary slice of @Phaedra’s sponge cake! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
I'm going to have an imaginary slice this morning also! 😍

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Dear friends, first of all, let me wish you and your family a very merry Christmas!

My cake practices keep going on, and I can do this one already a bit better than the previous one. The sponge cake itself is made with half sugar and sugar-free cacao powder; the whipped cream for the decoration is a combination of 90% bitter chocolate and heavy cream, without sugar.
15029.jpg

The sliced banana between layers offers a natural sweetness, a very balanced one.
15028.jpg

We will have a tea with this lovely cake later. :D

Last edited:

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Dear friends, first of all, let me wish you and your family a very merry Christmas!

My cake practices keep going on, and I can do this one already a bit better than the previous one. The sponge cake itself is made with half sugar and sugar-free cacao powder; the whipped cream for the decoration is a combination of 90% bitter chocolate and heavy cream, without sugar.
View attachment 62946

The sliced banana between layers offers a natural sweetness, a very balanced one.
View attachment 62947
We will have a tea with this lovely cake later. :D
Phaedra, you are incredible talented!

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thanks Bay, decorating the cake with whipping cream is more challenging than I thought, I almost lost my patience while doing it. The decoration took longer time than baking the cake. :lol:

However, I later learned that adding ingredients like white chocolate, corn starch, or gelatin can help stabilize it. I will do better (and easier, I think) next time. It's great to have a homemade cake in the fridge, and it will become a product for the cafe in the future, too. :D
Meanwhile... here I am on this Christmas morning trying to muster up my energy to bake my ever favourite coffee and banana cake with no trimmings at all.

Still, i would love the recipe of this cocoa cake please.