Coffee

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Screenshot_2024-08-16-20-35-20_kindlephoto-125459748.png

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Dunno Why, but I have been craving peanut butter lately. I am enjoying a PB sandwich with my coffee.
We keep a large jar in the bread box and often it sits for months, gathering dust.
Still one of the least expensive meals now, even though at WM it's between $4-7.00/40 oz jar
Drink up, fellow caffeine addicts! :caf
For peanut butter lovers - toast a piece of homemade banana bread with butter. Apply a generous spread of peanut butter on top! Oh ya! Excellent for serious snack attacks!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Finished the bowl of oatmeal with raisins and honey but, there's more. Finished my cup of oolong but, there's more. Finished my peach but ... there's strawberries! On to the first cup of herbal tea and there's more in the kettle.

Car is loaded, just gotta grab my bag of clothes and skeedaddle on outa here!
You don't suppose that Bay' is still on that Journey to and from San Antonio, do you? Must have had help with the livestock short-term, anyway. We should be expecting help to check in soon with Journey updates.

Everything is a long way in Texas. After El Paso, San Antonio was the first large city I visited in my Texas adventure. Except, I didn't really visit — I had no idea that it was such a large city! Small town guy so traveled on to Corpus Christi for something of an extended stay. Bay's daughter and family were not yet in the Corpus Christi neck of the woods when I was there.... Probably, none of them born yet ...

olde Steve

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I am back, tomorrow (and Monday) are off days. Let me share some food offered in the cafe recently.
24173.jpg

Lemon and melon roll - It's a delightful surprise – the contrast between sweetness and acidity makes the tasting experience unique, and the fragrance of fresh lemon zest adds another layer of sensory enjoyment. The blue poppy seeds just added a bit funny element for the look.
24193.jpg

Per customer's request, I also tried some vegan energy bars. The feedback surprises me - so I ordered more diversified ingredients for the next batches.
24170.jpg

Dark chocolate toast with figs cooked in honey whisky and baking chocolate
24153.jpg

24171.jpg

I also make something people can easily take away for a good lunch, like such Pretzels.
24174.jpg

The very first lunch set - fried noodle omelet (chicken, eggplant, onion, noodles, and eggs), bone broth with veggies, mixed fruits
24194.jpg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I haven't had to cook many dinners lately but it is secondary to lunch where us olde folks can pull out a few stops and put in more time and effort. I have heard 🤔 that if you wait long enough to start cooking dinner, everyone will eat cereal.

I have the recipes and boxes for that ;). Strawberries already sliced to go with it. Your choice, coffee, tea or my herbal concoction. Have to run off early for an appointment then will need to act like a madman moving the sprinklers around for much of the remainder of the day. Don't worry about there being only 1 cereal choice for the day. Last count there were 4 (aaannd, some blueberry bagels :).)

Steve

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I am back, tomorrow (and Monday) are off days. Let me share some food offered in the cafe recently.
View attachment 68032
Lemon and melon roll - It's a delightful surprise – the contrast between sweetness and acidity makes the tasting experience unique, and the fragrance of fresh lemon zest adds another layer of sensory enjoyment. The blue poppy seeds just added a bit funny element for the look.
View attachment 68034
Per customer's request, I also tried some vegan energy bars. The feedback surprises me - so I ordered more diversified ingredients for the next batches.
View attachment 68035

Dark chocolate toast with figs cooked in honey whisky and baking chocolate
View attachment 68036
View attachment 68037

I also make something people can easily take away for a good lunch, like such Pretzels.
View attachment 68038

The very first lunch set - fried noodle omelet (chicken, eggplant, onion, noodles, and eggs), bone broth with veggies, mixed fruits
View attachment 68039
Nice to see you back Phaedra, and good that your shop is doing a good business even if it limits your time spent on this forum. That luncheon special looks delicious!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Settling down for a few minutes for coffee after a second breakfast of bagels with cream cheese and a nice bunch of grapes. Running sprinklers and it was 46f (8C) this morning. Several cooler days with highs in the 70s and 80s then, the WS says back to 90f (32C) over the weekend.

What is off-topic in the coffee thread? This could have gone in the funnies but puns and Dad jokes ... 🙃 ... Okay? "He is an incorrigible punster so don't incorrige him. :lol:

Finding that silliness prompted a search for the origin of that incorrigible . I had never given it any thought. Here's the info etymonline has:

Screenshot_20240826_051950_Chrome.jpg

Ha ha!