Coffee

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Same here my allergies the all over pruritus …. Miserable. Took allergy meds and eventually went back to sleep. But woke very crabby and tired. 🥴
There are plants out there that hate me! The worst part of allergies for me is that congestion in my sinuses affects my inner ear and correspondingly my sense of balance (which has deteriorated just from age, but this makes it worse).

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
If you want to entertain a daily craving ..

. make a personal rule that you won't have coffee for the first 4 hours that you are up. I know that it is best for me, it will upset my stomach and oolong won't. Oolong has pleasant flavors, I enjoy a cup but 4 hours is a long wait for the extra power in a cup of Joe.

@SPedigrees , Mom's story about me was that I didn't seem to have a problem with my ears and hearing until I had measles in the 1950's. By 1983, I was wearing hearing aids. In 2018, I had pneumonia and there went nearly all of what remained of my hearing. The congestion never stopped.

I knew the benefit of a steroid nasal spray for Summertime allergies but the ENT doctor prescribed a steroid nasal rinse and I hate it. Still, it really helps with whatever benefit I gain from hearing aids these days. Also, it works lots better for the congestion than the dang rinse without the steroid. Or, that nasal spray.

Just an idea. Yes, the inner ears and respiratory system are closely connected.

Steve

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
There are plants out there that hate me! The worst part of allergies for me is that congestion in my sinuses affects my inner ear and correspondingly my sense of balance (which has deteriorated just from age, but this makes it worse).
I've started using caster oil inside my nostrils after a salt flush... I use this to clear my sinuses.

I used coconut oil for a long time but find the caster oil works for a longer time. Last thing at night and first thing in the morning
1000002671.jpg

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Dunno Why, but I have been craving peanut butter lately. I am enjoying a PB sandwich with my coffee.
We keep a large jar in the bread box and often it sits for months, gathering dust.
Still one of the least expensive meals now, even though at WM it's between $4-7.00/40 oz jar
Drink up, fellow caffeine addicts! :caf
Now I want a peanut butter sandwich, and it's all your fault

I'm off to make one now

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dunno Why, but I have been craving peanut butter lately. I am enjoying a PB sandwich with my coffee.
We keep a large jar in the bread box and often it sits for months, gathering dust.
Still one of the least expensive meals now, even though at WM it's between $4-7.00/40 oz jar

i love peanut butter and we go through quite a lot of it and then too Mom makes peanut butter pies so that uses some. i also like roasted peanuts as a snack. the past few weeks i've not been eating as much peanut butter as normal but i've taken to using peanut butter, brown sugar and roasted peanuts as a more substantial snack.

a few minutes ago i mentioned to Mom that i'd not had a peanut butter and jelly or jam sandwhich in a long time.

for work when i would have a small cooler i would make peanut butter and jam sandwiches and i like a lot of peanut butter and jam so i just put it all in one container and call it a pudding.

oh and for pancakes i often like peanut butter and jam on those.

Drink up, fellow caffeine addicts! :caf

none for me thanks! the most caffiene i get these days comes via chocolate.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey up!

I had a peanut butter and banana sandwich for a second breakfast.

Too many ripe bananananannna s and I didn't want to eat one with my morning Cream of Wheat – went for the cantaloupe ;). Peanut butter sandwich was a good fit with the sliced banana and a cup of coffee, a few hours later.