Coffee

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
You can't beat a traditional cornish pasty šŸ˜‹

i like them, but where i was up north for many years there was a local lady who made the regular traditional meat version and she also made a whole wheat crust vegetarian version that i would get more often than the meat ones, it had broccoli and cheese and then the rest of the normal vegetables and some salt and pepper.

she made them for a long time and sold them through the neighborhood grocery store for a very reasonable price (i think it was about $1.75) and the price never changed the whole time until she finally retired. never had better anyplace else in any version.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
i like them, but where i was up north for many years there was a local lady who made the regular traditional meat version and she also made a whole wheat crust vegetarian version that i would get more often than the meat ones, it had broccoli and cheese and then the rest of the normal vegetables and some salt and pepper.

Omg they sound more than a bit moreish
she made them for a long time and sold them through the neighborhood grocery store for a very reasonable price (i think it was about $1.75) and the price never changed the whole time until she finally retired. never had better anyplace else in any version.
They used too have lots of vegetables as well as the meat. But the shop bought are a rip off now, all the good ingredients are no longer in them

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Breakfast was Cheerios and Peanut butter & Corn Chex with banana. Kind of like yesterday ā€“ English muffins with peanut butter and sliced banana. Sliced peaches on the side both days but I think I hit my limit on peanut butter flavor for the week.

It seems that I haven't adapted well to a limited, backyard garden from the 30' by 200' big veggie garden that had already been downsized. Crowded backyard plants running late. Slicing tomatoes lateness was compounded some by choosing later varieties because of seedsaving needs. Huge green fruit covering all those plants still with only a few ripening daily.

Melons, slloooww. Vines trailing through a jungle of other plants and it is only this very warm Summer that gives me an expectation of the ripe galia melon that has been a consistent performer for about 20 years. I notice that I mentioned eating a ripe galia in the first week of August 2023. Here it is, the 2nd week of September!

Despite a rather dramatic turn in the weather, the forecasters are not giving me much concern about a first frost just yet ā€“ even if an afternoon high may not rise above 70ā°f, tomorrow (21ā°C). It was 54ā°f (12ā°C) when I checked here at home this morning after yesterday's cooler 86ā°f (30ā°). Definitely cooler on longer term forecasts, however!

Steve

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It's cooled off here too. We had a very pleasant day yesterday but today is drizzling with rain.
Thank goodness my garden was done yesterday.

I've been bad with my diet today. Just chocolate for breakfast and a coffee. :\:caf

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Final presentation of the tart
View attachment 68462
@Phaedra , what is Your recipe for whipped cream icing?
My Friend's birthday is the same day this year as my Salsa Party, so I asked her what kind of cake she likes.
She needs gluten free--I Found a box store cake mix that Is gluten free--and she wants lightly sweetened whipped cream icing with fresh strawberries.
I don't make whipped cream very often, and you are my resident expert!! :love
Btw, we doubled on attendance in one week, so I don't think that there will be Any cake leftover for coffee next morning.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
YES!!!! I was Shocked that the Surgeon's asst. was Hoping that I would choose surgery Over injections yesterday at my appt!!!
I think that since I waited to see a dr about my knee, the problems had advanced so far that after I jumped through the hoops everybody is anxious for me to get surgery.
I thought that I would have to claw my way to this, so...HAPPY DAY!!!
DH went with me and he believes that they will recommend surgery in November.
I got a brace to wear and I may ask for one injection next week at my regular dr appt to see me through.
I am reading about your farmwork in jealously bc that was ME 5 years ago, which is my goal after both knees get done.
I was told that it will take up to a full year for my knee to heal, something that was surprising, but I can deal with it.

Last edited: