Coffee

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Until I get this knee done I now have a 4AM routine, let Eva out, prep the coffee and set the timer, then go back to bed after a 2nd pain pill.
I had coffee with Sunday's leftover deviled eggs this morning.
Devil's eggs 🥚
I've not even tried creating these eggs. What do you add to the yokes

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
YES!!!! I was Shocked that the Surgeon's asst. was Hoping that I would choose surgery Over injections yesterday at my appt!!!
I think that since I waited to see a dr about my knee, the problems had advanced so far that after I jumped through the hoops everybody is anxious for me to get surgery.
I thought that I would have to claw my way to this, so...HAPPY DAY!!!
DH went with me and he believes that they will recommend surgery in November.
I got a brace to wear and I may ask for one injection next week at my regular dr appt to see me through.
I am reading about your farmwork in jealously bc that was ME 5 years ago, which is my goal after both knees get done.
I was told that it will take up to a full year for my knee to heal, something that was surprising, but I can deal with it.
:hugs:hugs:hugs
I'm sorry for your pain, I really am

@baymule Has had a very successful operation on her knee. My fingers are firmly crossed for you

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@ducks4you I had knee replacement surgery and it was wonderful. Life changing! It was bone on bone, 24-7 pain. I lurched around like I’d been on a 3 day drunk. Then I did 2 rounds of therapy. I told my therapist to MAKE IT HURT. And she did. I can do anything now except squat. Mechanical knee doesn’t bend that far, but I couldn’t squat before surgery, plus I was in great pain, so that’s an improvement!

Skip any injection. It may mess up your surgery. Usually a 6 month wait after an injection.

I used Arnicare cream rub on my knee, right up to, but not on the incision. I also used the Arnicare pills. That worked so well that I only took 7 hydrocodone pills over a 3 week period. You can use the Arnicare now, it will give you relief.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Devil's eggs 🥚
I've not even tried creating these eggs. What do you add to the yokes

for us it has always been Miracle Whip (which is like mayo with added vinegar, sugar and spices) and some yellow mustard. mashed up the cooked yolks first and then mix well with other ingredients.

some people add other things like pickle relish (sweet or dill to taste) or olives but really i like the simple version the best.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
for us it has always been Miracle Whip (which is like mayo with added vinegar, sugar and spices) and some yellow mustard. mashed up the cooked yolks first and then mix well with other ingredients.

some people add other things like pickle relish (sweet or dill to taste) or olives but really i like the simple version the best.
Thank you 😊

For a long time I started using Greek yogurt in place of mayonnaise. I mentioned this to someone local, they've since tried and liked it.
For my mayonnaise replacement I came up with G/yogurt olive oil, cider vinegar and himalayan salt. I think I'll add some cayenne pepper for the spice and try this tonight for tea.

It's been a habit of mine too get a recipe and change it a little.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
DEVILED EGGS RECIPE
KISS, Keep It Simple, **smack on your cheek**
Ingredients--
6 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and halved
1/4 cup Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Mayonnaise Real Mayo
1 tsp. Maille ® Dijon Originale Traditional Dijon Mustard
1/2 tsp. white vinegar
1/4 tsp. salt

Directions--
Hard Boil 6 eggs, which means you have a rolling boil for 10 minutes. Actually, make it 9 eggs, in the case that your peeling is a hatchet job.
Drain and place in a metal bowl, or plastic, something that won't crack with a rapid change of temperature with 2 trays of ice cubes. Add some tap water bc this helps to distribute the cold to the eggs. The rapid change in temperature allows for easier peeling.
Once the eggs are peeled, use a sharp knife or serrated knife, and cut eat egg into 2 pieces longwise.
Pop out the cooked yolks in any kind of mixing bowl. Use a spoon or a fork and smash them up as much as possible. Put the whites on a dish or an egg dish.
1726156232683.png

Add Mayo (or it sounds like you prefer yogurt?) and mix in.
Add vinegar, be careful to add the right amount. You Will taste it if you put in too much vinegar.
Add mustard--I use yellow mustard, but it's your choice.
Mix ALL ingredients in thoroughly.
Use a spoon and fill the cooked whites. There will be a greater volume than the yolks. You May end up with some leftovers. If so, tastes great on crackers!
Shake paprika on top...or not...your choice.
Refridgerate immediately, cover plate with plastic wrap, if you are not going to eat them right away.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Deviled Eggs,

very common for me ..

. spread between two slices of bread after mashing everything with a fork. Making it as a sandwich seems to more simply allow for additions ;).

that's an egg salad sandwich. same sort of ingredients if you want, but a different presentation. no biggie, it's all edible and delicious. the problem i have with deviled eggs is that it is very easy to eat them.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank you 😊

For a long time I started using Greek yogurt in place of mayonnaise. I mentioned this to someone local, they've since tried and liked it.
For my mayonnaise replacement I came up with G/yogurt olive oil, cider vinegar and himalayan salt. I think I'll add some cayenne pepper for the spice and try this tonight for tea.

It's been a habit of mine too get a recipe and change it a little.

we often replace sour cream with whole milk plain yogurt (not greek yogurt - i don't much care for that) in various dishes.

Latest posts