Coffee

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. I have company coming in this evening for the weekend. Should be fun! They are bringing their 2 dogs, so Sentry went back outside yesterday and I took down the dog crate. I pulled off sheets yesterday, washed and hung out to dry and freshen up. I’m making broccoli cheesy soup for supper with cornbread.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Breakfast, Cream of Rice with raisins. Fruit bowl, white peach and galia melon slices. Oolong in the cup. I would enjoy some of @baymule 's Broccoli and Cheese soup for lunch ☺️.

Doesn't look like we will have a freeze let alone a hard freeze. Makes me wonder what the local WS meteorologists were doing yesterday afternoon. At least, paying attention to them makes more sense than going by what some guy on the corner says while waiting for the street car.

Probably what captured their attention was that 5th hurricane to hit the US in 2024. There has only been 8 years like this and only one 6 hurricane year since the 1850's, the news has it. I hadn't realized that this part of Florida had such flooding problems from #4, Helene.

It's a place where I have spent a little time. A visit to the university in Tampa and a stay with a friend in Punta Gorda. His mother lived there but I have lost touch over the years. We visited Fort Myers Beach while I was there – a pleasant experience. It all must be in shambles right now.

Steve

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Breakfast, Cream of Rice with raisins. Fruit bowl, white peach and galia melon slices. Oolong in the cup. I would enjoy some of @baymule 's Broccoli and Cheese soup for lunch ☺️.

Doesn't look like we will have a freeze let alone a hard freeze. Makes me wonder what the local WS meteorologists were doing yesterday afternoon. At least, paying attention to them makes more sense than going by what some guy on the corner says while waiting for the street car.

Probably what captured their attention was that 5th hurricane to hit the US in 2024. There has only been 8 years like this and only one 6 hurricane year since the 1850's, the news has it. I hadn't realized that this part of Florida had such flooding problems from #4, Helene.

It's a place where I have spent a little time. A visit to the university in Tampa and a stay with a friend in Punta Gorda. His mother lived there but I have lost touch over the years. We visited Fort Myers Beach while I was there – a pleasant experience. It all must be in shambles right now.

Steve
Longtime friends of ours live on Anna Maria Island and evacuated yesterday to a home of a friend inland but still in the path of Milton. Haven't heard yet today how they fared, but their plans to retire and leave the area had intensified yesterday. Milton is the 2nd catastrophic hurricane to hit the island in 2 weeks and spawned tornados. I hope they still have a home to return to.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
retire and leave the area had intensified yesterday
An interesting place to live if a person is of working age. Continuing construction of retirement homes must have greatly changed Florida in the years since I was there.

I was telling DD that we tell olde people to "take care" of themselves. Do we realize how much of their waking hours is taken up with doing that – trying to keep up with just routine activities? After awhile, toddering about doing the simple things required for survival. Evacuate? Evacuate an assisted living residence? What in Heavens would that be like?!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@lesa was such an important part of TEG in the early years.

We knew that she was somewhat exhausted living in zone 4 of upstate NY and longing to live near her daughter in Florida. So active in a large garden in the earliest years.

She moved to W Palm Beach and said that orchids had become the extent of her gardening. At least, she is on the east coast and mostly out of the path of that hurricane.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score

Latest posts