baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready.

IMG_7305.jpeg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It was 3-2-1 a couple of minutes ago, @baymule . I have been up nearly an hour. It is 37⁰f (3⁰C) at the nearest thermometer online. Already out and scratching the top of the car and finding the smallest amount of frost.

@Shades-of-Oregon , Dad and I visited Enterprise for a few night stays at a motel — I was 13 and there was a possibility of moving to Kamiah Idaho, a few miles upstream after jumping Hell's Canyon. I was disappointed that we didn't make the move ;). From one corner of Oregon and the Rogue Valley to the other corner .... and, beyond.

Well, I'd better go decide if I turn sprinklers on before 4AM and try to combat the frost again. In a way, it's good that this is the 3rd dodge, if it is. The plants can toughen a little each time. Strange also that a WS station not all that far away recorded the warmest average morning lows through September in 140 years.

dizzy digitS'

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Would this be any good. It the Madagascar.
I thought that was supposed too be the best in the world

those are a different variety, different flavors. vanilla has a lot of different notes to it, the synthetic stuff only has the one. someone who has sensitive taste buds and smell will notice the differences. also i don't care about vodka versions (i don't like vodka) or making my own but sometime i may get into it. not any time soon though...

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
those are a different variety, different flavors. vanilla has a lot of different notes to it, the synthetic stuff only has the one. someone who has sensitive taste buds and smell will notice the differences. also i don't care about vodka versions (i don't like vodka) or making my own but sometime i may get into it. not any time soon though...
That's interesting. I haven't had the insight to tell the difference. We don't have so many choices here

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mom wanted the heat turned on this morning. it was 66F in here. yes, my feet are a bit cool, i have two layers of socks on (the 2nd layer is for picking beans though and i forgot to take them off) and i have my old-man-sweater on, but i've not yet gotten out the winter hat.

the heat ran for a bit, it's off now, sunny and 77F today.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's interesting. I haven't had the insight to tell the difference. We don't have so many choices here

the choices are limited by $$$ and time for me. i don't have the time to research this more at the moment. i'll be happy with what i have and leave it at that until the winter gets fully underway.