Coffee

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Same issue here. Waking up between 4-5 am. It’s way too dark outside. I will try to get back to sleep. Sometimes I can other times my mind starts racing and I eventually get up and starts the day.

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Same issue here. Waking up between 4-5 am. It’s way too dark outside. I will try to get back to sleep. Sometimes I can other times my mind starts racing and I eventually get up and starts the day.
Oh you morning people! LOL I've been a night owl all my life and would sleep until noon if my dog didn't wake me up around 9 in the morning. I'll wake up a few times during the night often because Mabel (dog) wakes me up. (We girls need to pee, but then it's right back to bed!)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i used to be a night-owl and still would be if left to my own devices...

last night rudely interrupted about 4am by someone doing donuts at the corner. got up, eventually had a bit of breakfast and then was able to go back to sleep for a few more hours.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
interrupted about 4am by someone doing donuts
Good pay for being up early!

I don't think that I ever was a night owl. Most of my life, I had to be up early. "Burning Daylight" otherwise, don't you know? However, in recent years, I can't get out of the habit and that means I shouldn't go to bed very late or I'm so dang sleepy during the day that it interferes with life! So, it's better for me to go to bed early, usually between 8 and 8:30. I may be able to sleep until 4 AM but often not. Sleeping until 5 might happen every couple of months but this was true when my "bedtime" was at 10 PM. That was not such a good thing.

digitS' heading to bed soon 🛏️

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Good pay for being up early!

I don't think that I ever was a night owl. Most of my life, I had to be up early. "Burning Daylight" otherwise, don't you know? However, in recent years, I can't get out of the habit and that means I shouldn't go to bed very late or I'm so dang sleepy during the day that it interferes with life! So, it's better for me to go to bed early, usually between 8 and 8:30. I may be able to sleep until 4 AM but often not. Sleeping until 5 might happen every couple of months but this was true when my "bedtime" was at 10 PM. That was not such a good thing.

digitS' heading to bed soon🛏️
People are born daytime persons or night owls, I'm convinced of it. Working on the third shift, I felt bad for day people relegated to night work and fighting to stay awake throughout the shift, then unable to sleep when they got home. Typically these folks would transfer to a day shift as soon as the opportunity arose, while true night owls would become 3rd shift lifers.

Day people don't realize that asking a night person to awaken at 8 in the morning would be like expecting themselves to get up at 2 AM to start their day. Yet lawn mowing crews, construction workers, etc have to keep daytime hours by necessity to take advantage of the sunlight, so too often in the summer I have a sleep deficit from accommodating these workers.

The downside to being at once a sun worshiper and also a night owl, is missed sunny hours.

Latest posts