akroberts

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yesterday I had my husband pick a squash and after I was dumb- founded about what it was. A lady on BYC sent me some cushaw pumpkin seeds and I planted them. It's really cool to look at it because it's not orange and round. It's shaped more like a gourd and it's white with yellow stripes. It weighs a little over 17 pounds.

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
You can call it the “Robert’s Rocket”?
Show us a picture of one and lots of folks will offer potential names!

I plugged in Cushaw Pumpkin and what came up was Cushaw Squash. And fit’s your description, more than likely you don’t have a new variety.

We’ve used any number of Squash as replacements for “pumpkin” and typically find the squashes to be better keepers!
Warted or Blue Hubbard was a staple for years when we lived in the Dakotas; due to their extreme longevity in storage.

Last edited:

akroberts

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
You can call it the “Robert’s Rocket”?
Show us a picture of one and lots of folks will offer potential names!

I plugged in Cushaw Pumpkin and what came up was Cushaw Squash. And fit’s your description, more than likely you don’t have a new variety.

We’ve used any number of Squash as replacements for “pumpkin” and typically find the squashes to be better keepers!
Warted or Blue Hubbard was a staple for years when we lived in the Dakotas; due to their extreme longevity in storage.
I didn't even remember that I had asked for any of the seeds. I thought that I had planted a pack of ornamental gourd. I'm going to try to get it cooked into a pumpkin bread.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Save your picture to "Save to VZ Media." The menu that has this option is in the r h corner of your phone screen and looks like 3 dashes.
Then, you either email it to yourself, or copy/paste to IrfanView, link below:
Download this free program and you can manipulate the image you want to post here. 😍

Latest posts