akroberts

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Just yesterday announcements on the weather channel stated that Ca. , Or. and Wa. All are in a Historic wildfire season.
In Oregon alone over 975,000 acres have burned the last 2 weeks. Smoke and fear is in everyone’s heart just trying to cope. Sending good vibes to everyone in the wildfire states to stay safe. 🙏🏽
Thank you for the heads up. It's annoying to know that we could possibly lose everything but I am not going to follow everything about the fires just because I don't want to be paranoid.

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The wildfire season can make me feel a bit paranoid , because even though my home is constructed with fire resistant materials, I never thought in a million years 20 years ago that climate change would ever mean a new season..Wildfire Season. Alrighty then western Oregon is all trees . I live next to a forest. Not much more to do than keep up with what’s happeniing around us.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
When it comes to squash just clear the way because I am going for broke. I eat squash raw, deep fried, grilled, in stew/roast, and fried in a skillet. I would put it in an omelette too. It's pretty much any way a squash can be cooked I'm eating it. My mom would slice spaghetti squash length wise and after cleaning it she would put butter cinnamon and sugar on and bake it until the toppings were down in it and that was dessert

same here, even in soups, cold soups, ice-cream, pies...

akroberts

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The wildfire season can make me feel a bit paranoid , because even though my home is constructed with fire resistant materials, I never thought in a million years 20 years ago that climate change would ever mean a new season..Wildfire Season. Alrighty then western Oregon is all trees . I live next to a forest. Not much more to do than keep up with what’s happeniing around us.
If I lived near a forest I would definitely be paranoid. Of course I think I would also be trying to find someone to come out and start thinning it out to hopefully defend against it.

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It’s been thinned out. They took out old growth huge redwoods sequoia trees too. Messed up the whole eco system. Now there’s more sun and light weeds and thistles trash trees oak vines poison ivy and more have taken over the area. are everywhere. They left the deciduous trash trees that crowds the ground layers with more fuel to burn.

akroberts

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
These are pictures of the fire from Red Bluff California
IMG_20240726_184819.jpg
IMG_20240726_184822.jpg
IMG_20240726_184835.jpg

akroberts

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I can now see the fire because it's glowing orange in the night sky. My daughter in law is about to freak out. I would like to know what's going on with it but the Olympics is taking over the news channels.

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@akroberts go to wildfires then the site will ask what state you live in …See map below. Then will show all the updated info , where, how many acres and how it started.They have updates every few hours . Notifies where and when evacuations are located. You will see a map of all the wildfires in your state plus several western states.
Plz keep us posted on your area . Stay safe.
IMG_2216.jpeg

Latest posts