akroberts

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
On the farm in the Dakotas our kids carried “rooster sticks” for that purpose and if a chicken died in the process; well; we had chicken that night!😊
That's what is about to happen with Peppa. She has been quite the pain in the dirty backside. I told my husband and he said well if she doesn't want to learn then there's only one thing to do.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I stopped naming my hens. But, I would do the same. When a weasel killed all of two flocks, one year apart, both times in November, I threw all of the birds in the trash. No telling if the weasel was rabid.
It would have been better if they had all gone to freezer camp in October of each year.

akroberts

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I stopped naming my hens. But, I would do the same. When a weasel killed all of two flocks, one year apart, both times in November, I threw all of the birds in the trash. No telling if the weasel was rabid.
It would have been better if they had all gone to freezer camp in October of each year.
I don't think knowing that I named her is going to be an issue for me because I have been really thinking about all of her behaviors since I got her in March and she has been a problem. If I can get her to stop trying to go for the hands I will be fine with her being in the stew pot,but I have 2 grandsons that would be traumatized by her behavior so it is a safety issue for me.

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
That makes me miss CA! I used to go water skiing on Lake Orville!

i really love water projects and so when the spillway blew out and then they had the emergency spillway also have problems i watched the entire rebuild as they posted videos almost every day. also got into the geology and engineering aspects. they still have a camera up which shows the spillway in rotation. :)

be patient, it comes around eventually, even at night it is lit up.

akroberts

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Minus the squash this is what I got from the garden today.
1000000068.jpg

Latest posts