akroberts

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It’s tough to keep up with weeds in this heat wave . Even at 7 am this morning it was 80F. It’s tough to keep the pots watered.
Yes it is. I have to use the weed eater to get into the bigger area but the green house frame is where I put my tomatoes, green beans, peppers, cucumbers, sweet potatoes, okra and some beets. None of my peppers have had enough sun to be able to produce anything.

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hopefully it will cool down soon for your veggies to produce peppers it is frustrating. Have you thought about maybe adding grow lites if possible on some plants? We have had temps in the 100’s. So unusual. For the PNW. Climate change is effecting more than gardeners.

The wild fires in our state has burned a record number of acres over burned. 103 active wildfires burning now and over 1,500,000 acres burned . It’s smoky out , grey cover in skies also not allowing some plants to produce properly around my garden. I pray for all the fire fighters who are out in this horrible situation .

akroberts

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hopefully it will cool down soon for your veggies to produce peppers it is frustrating. Have you thought about maybe adding grow lites if possible on some plants? We have had temps in the 100’s. So unusual. For the PNW. Climate change is effecting more than gardeners.

The wild fires in our state has burned a record number of acres over burned. 103 active wildfires burning now and over 1,500,000 acres burned . It’s smoky out , grey cover in skies also not allowing some plants to produce properly around my garden. I pray for all the fire fighters who are out in this horrible situation .
There's a lot of light from our neighbors yards so I don't use any lights. I'm thinking that it just needs to be weeded to allow for more light.

akroberts

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The after picture
1000000072.jpg

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh I see what you mean. Also will help with other nutrients going to the plants not the weeds.
It takes a lot of energy and just plain ole fashioned diggin in to tackle that job.
👏 great job. That was fast. 😊 what a smart lookin garden patch. 👍

akroberts

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I picked a couple of squash a few days ago and decided last night to deep fry one. I didn't dredge it I just left it plain and added a few Brussels Sprouts. It was so good. The only ways I have ever had Brussels Sprouts is either with salt and butter or with cheese. The outer layer was really charred and the inside was still soft and delicious.

Latest posts