One Alaskans greenhouse

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Itā€™s more than a hint! And thatā€™s why itā€™s at the top of our tea list! Itā€™s also a good producer in our environment and mostly returns every year. Sometimes a little spotty but no worries, iā€™ll root some starts in another month and raise up a BIG pot thru winter to have for spring on the occasion i may need starts. Most years that pot is just gifted to someone who wants to start a mint bed. Fresh, itā€™s killer chopped with Cilantro in soft tacos!

We do consider ourselves fortunate haveing a good Rspberry crop this year, first one though in over 30 years.šŸ˜³

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
While not a ā€œtea herbā€ Stevia is another one we grow yearly. This qt. Represents several cuttings and if you know anything about Stevia you know this is a LOT of sweetner. I think youā€™d break the jar trying to jam anymore in there.šŸ˜³

The Self Heal is on screenā€™s and will ready to jar up in a couple weeks. This pile will yield at least a Gallon of dried tea.
After taking the part i wanted i still trimmed away roughly 3ea 5 gallon buckets from the bed. As usual; it had spread well into the Horseradish and the Rhodiola! Most of that found itā€™s way into the Compost after each Rabbit got a taste.

In a couple weeks iā€™ll cut all the Comfrey but this one ā€œvolunteerā€ was crowding the Rhodiola so it was whacked while i was ā€œin the neighborhoodā€ and had to be hung in the shop as im out of drying room presently.

In all, it was a nice day to be out with full Sun all day. Something weā€™ve not seen for a while! Thanks Lord!

Attachments

• IMG_3194.jpeg
    IMG_3194.jpeg
    171.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3195.jpeg
    IMG_3195.jpeg
    348.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3197.jpeg
    IMG_3197.jpeg
    342.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3196.jpeg
    IMG_3196.jpeg
    196.5 KB · Views: 24

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ever since we talked about stevia on the forum last year, I started drinking a beverage called Zevia, which of course is made from stevia. I've become utterly addicted. There are no calories in there, not much of anything really, so I have no idea why I'm so in love with this drink. šŸ«£ So good on ice.

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The idea of Raspberry leaf tea sounded good so i went online and learned itā€™s more of a ā€œwomenā€™s herbā€ but fine for me too. The author commented ā€œit doesnā€™t taste like Raspberries at all but itā€™s a dead ringer for Black teaā€.
Well, while doing Rabbit chores this morning i sauntered by and plucked me off a nice fresh leaf and chewed on it while choring. Guess what, Its a dead ringer for Black tea; which i like real well. The real test will be as a tea which weā€™ll try shortly!
Oh yea; on the subject of Raspberries and with a big yawn, hereā€™s todays bowl.šŸ«£ Thank you Lord, please keep em coming!

Attachments

• IMG_3205.jpeg
    IMG_3205.jpeg
    210.2 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The idea of Raspberry leaf tea sounded good so i went online and learned itā€™s more of a ā€œwoman herbā€ but fine for me too. The author commented ā€œit doesnā€™t taste like Raspberries at all but itā€™s a dead ringer for Black teaā€.
Well, while doing Rabbit chores this morning i sauntered by and plucked me off a nice fresh leaf and chewed on it while choring. Guess what, Its a dead ringer for Black tea; which i like real well. The real test will be as a tea which weā€™ll try shortly!
Oh yea; on the subject of Raspberries and with a big yawn, hereā€™s todays bowl.šŸ«£ Thank you Lord, please keep em coming!
Holy cow you have gotten an amazing raspberry harvest! This summer I took my oldest daughter raspberry picking at one of the local organic u pick farms and they were the biggest raspberries I have ever seen and very delicious! I made smoothies, ate em on pancakes, ate em on cereal, snacked on them, and gave some to friends.

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The idea of Raspberry leaf tea sounded good so i went online and learned itā€™s more of a ā€œwomenā€™s herbā€ but fine for me too. The author commented ā€œit doesnā€™t taste like Raspberries at all but itā€™s a dead ringer for Black teaā€.
Would blackberry leaf tea be the same I wonder? I've got plenty of these.

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Im not sure but a quick Duck search brought me to this. Mountain Rose is a trusted source who we have used for years.
They say itā€™s good for you! To my knowledge no Blackberries grow up here. Iā€™ve been envious driving around Oregon while visiting and seeing so many Blackberries growing everywhere. To the point of Invasive!

Latest posts