One Alaskans greenhouse

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I’ll get this 3rd cutting of Stevia on screen’s to dry next week and i need to tie up these 2 Potato plants. At least enough the get a mower in-between.
And some peas, which like everything else are slower this year.

The 4th and last Stevia cutting won’t be this full but it will be the best in terms of sweetness.

Attachments

• IMG_3139.jpeg
    IMG_3139.jpeg
    241.8 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3140.jpeg
    IMG_3140.jpeg
    382.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3141.jpeg
    IMG_3141.jpeg
    171.5 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Artichokes are looking good and should still have a month of decent grow weather.

I tallied up the tenth’s and we’ve received 5 inches of rain since the end of May! Garden stuff is responding favorably but the big pots of flowers are shot.

In the Greenhouse a strong second flush of Cucumbers are coming along and Tomato’s and Crookneck’s continue to flourish.

Attachments

• IMG_3147.jpeg
    IMG_3147.jpeg
    334.3 KB · Views: 26

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Artichokes are looking good and should still have a month of decent grow weather.

I tallied up the tenth’s and we’ve received 5 inches of rain since the end of May! Garden stuff is responding favorably but the big pots of flowers are shot.

In the Greenhouse a strong second flush of Cucumbers are coming along and Tomato’s and Crookneck’s continue to flourish.
Those artichokes look amazing! What percent of your vegetables are you able to grow outdoors (not in the greenhouse)?

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Inside:
Parsley, Celery, crookneck sq, Pole beans, Cucumbers, Tomatos and Stevia. In raised beds.

Outside:
Kale, Broccili, Potato’s, Beets, Parsnips, Onions, Carrots, Asparagus, Oregon gia. peas, in 3x12 ft. Raised beds.
Pumpkins, Artichoke, Raspberry, Strawberry, Comfrey Mint, Self Heal, Anise Hyssop and Horseradish, in a variety of large containers, shorter raised beds etc.

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I don't but im sure it and Celery do good outside; the reason i stay in the Greenhouse is season length.
When i move into the Greenhouse mid April the Parsley and Celery are nearly a ft tall and edible at that point. In the fall they are the very last thing to die out September or after.
I did see some outside grown Celery the other day that im sure would win our State fair.

akroberts

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I don't but im sure it and Celery do good outside; the reason i stay in the Greenhouse is season length.
When i move into the Greenhouse mid April the Parsley and Celery are nearly a ft tall and edible at that point. In the fall they are the very last thing to die out September or after.
I did see some outside grown Celery the other day that im sure would win our State fair.
That's awesome. I would love to see you win the fair with some.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
You are showing the marine influence on your climate, Alasgun.

Artichokes, I think of the fields on the Monterey Peninsula in California.

Celery, I grew once. It burned up! Celeriac has proved tougher but not by much. It should really be grown here with afternoon shade. Long-season plants.

Steve

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Couple artichokes here in pic below and tiny seedlings from the seeds of last seasons harvest. I like the tall large leafy fuzzy grey color mixed in with garden plants. Purple inflorence of the bracts are huge. They add nice height and texture and scream look at me when fully mature.

.P1020864.jpeg

Latest posts