Phaedra's Adventure

akroberts

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Today I got a surprise egg from either Bernadebt or Cinnamon. It's the gray-greenish-blue
IMG_20240722_115955.jpg

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Phaedra , how's everything going with you? I haven't seen a post from you in a while so just thought I would check in on you. I know your cafe must be keeping you busy. I just miss seeing your beautiful gardens and food.♥️🙏👍
Thank you, I am doing fine, just trying to get a new balance after the small cafe is open. Huuuuu~although I open only 6 hours a day, it's more or less a full time job.

I always tell myself -- compared with going to the modern cities, paying for the very expensive culinary courses - what I am doing now is a blessing. I keep the hands-on at home; people are willing to buy and enjoy - a win-win.

The garden keeps offering me love and harvest - and I used the harvest to enrich what the cafe can offer. For example, every Monday the shop is closed, but one gentleman came yesterday and pre-ordered for a small birthday party (a surprise) for his beloved wife. He didn't ask for something specific, instead, I could make whatever I want and they will take it as a trial at the same time.

I love such 'Omakase' way very much. So I made a small cake, a bread pudding, cake rolls, mini cheesecakes , and a free-style Tiramisu for him, plus a homegrown bouquet.

I keep growing perennial flowers as fillers, so at this moment, baby's breath, wild carrots, alliums, lupines, catnip, mints, sweet peas, St. John's wort, and etc can be picked for bouquet arrangement.

23612.jpg

Another side - I love the fruits of St. John's wort!
23620.jpg

After completing the pre-ordered birthday party desserts and bouquet today, the satisfaction and smiles from the customer made me really happy. I felt understood, re-connected, and delightful.

I grow sunflowers and corns together, and among them, the 2nd batch of sweet peas - my idea is, sweet peas can use either as the support to climb.

23601.jpg

I also love ProCut sunflowers :D
23598.jpg

One of the roses propagated from a store-bought bouquet *cuttings) - this is her second growing season, and it seems she adapts nicely.
23596.jpg

Hydrangeas are exploding now in the garden, and I have another four potted ones to transplant. Oh my, from the 2nd growing season, they really grow wildly.
23599.jpg

Another 'growing wild' spot 🤭
23619.jpg

So far, I love the life at this moment, although I also missed the days I can spend hours in the garden.
23588.jpg

I love my tiny cafe, and I am also aware that there are much to learn, adapt, and reach a new balance.

23589.jpg

23574.jpg

TEG is part of my garden, I will say. And I love all of you too, my dearest neighbors.

akroberts

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thank you, I am doing fine, just trying to get a new balance after the small cafe is open. Huuuuu~although I open only 6 hours a day, it's more or less a full time job.

I always tell myself -- compared with going to the modern cities, paying for the very expensive culinary courses - what I am doing now is a blessing. I keep the hands-on at home; people are willing to buy and enjoy - a win-win.

The garden keeps offering me love and harvest - and I used the harvest to enrich what the cafe can offer. For example, every Monday the shop is closed, but one gentleman came yesterday and pre-ordered for a small birthday party (a surprise) for his beloved wife. He didn't ask for something specific, instead, I could make whatever I want and they will take it as a trial at the same time.

I love such 'Omakase' way very much. So I made a small cake, a bread pudding, cake rolls, mini cheesecakes , and a free-style Tiramisu for him, plus a homegrown bouquet.

I keep growing perennial flowers as fillers, so at this moment, baby's breath, wild carrots, alliums, lupines, catnip, mints, sweet peas, St. John's wort, and etc can be picked for bouquet arrangement.

View attachment 67186

Another side - I love the fruits of St. John's wort!
View attachment 67187

After completing the pre-ordered birthday party desserts and bouquet today, the satisfaction and smiles from the customer made me really happy. I felt understood, re-connected, and delightful.

I grow sunflowers and corns together, and among them, the 2nd batch of sweet peas - my idea is, sweet peas can use either as the support to climb.

View attachment 67188
I also love ProCut sunflowers :D
View attachment 67189
One of the roses propagated from a store-bought bouquet *cuttings) - this is her second growing season, and it seems she adapts nicely.
View attachment 67190

Hydrangeas are exploding now in the garden, and I have another four potted ones to transplant. Oh my, from the 2nd growing season, they really grow wildly.
View attachment 67191
Another 'growing wild' spot 🤭
View attachment 67192

So far, I love the life at this moment, although I also missed the days I can spend hours in the garden.
View attachment 67193

I love my tiny cafe, and I am also aware that there are much to learn, adapt, and reach a new balance.

View attachment 67194

View attachment 67195

TEG is part of my garden, I will say. And I love all of you too, my dearest neighbors.
Everything is so beautiful. I'm not big on sweets but the picture of the drink with the cake roll and cupcake made me want some sweet food. I'm so happy for you as well. I hope you have a great day. Thank you for sharing the pictures too

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@Phadera wow 🤩beautiful garden. It has all the features of a pro and the variety is astounding. Luv your pictures , they are inspiring. Begging for more…

Now to the pics of floral arrangements from your garden. Very special talent to put amazing florals together. Your having way to much fun and I am happy to see your creations.

Can’t wait to see more.😍your garden.

Your tiny cafe too…where do you get all your energy . Would you believe I just made cinnamon rolls by the puffy pillsbury dough guy. Not nearly as good as yours. Wow those cupcakes look delightful.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
So, I made this corner in front of my cafe a mini container garden - plants that need more sunlight are all in the foreground, and more shade-tolerant ones are in the background.

Isn't it lovely to enjoy some delicious drinks and desserts in such a place surrounded by plants?
23713.jpg

Most of the spring and summer plants are retreated to the main garden - either got transplanted or wait to enter their dormancy. Late summer and autumn plants were moved to this spot for putting next shows.

Sometimes, I sold some bouquets when I have time to arrange them - or just enjoy the way they are in the garden.
23664.jpg

I also use the flowers to make table flowers for the sitting area.
23653.jpg

23701.jpg

The flowers are so fresh and lovely, so not only bees, but also butterflies are visiting.
23717.jpg

I believe my cafe is the only shop here that offers fresh and abundant flowers on the tables. Well, I am a gardener before I run this small cafe. 🤭
23707.jpg

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Now, let me share some food I made recently.
From last week, I started making some mini cheesecakes. People can choose different flavored ones, instead of sticking on one specific flavor.

Mixed-berry cheese cake
23651.jpg

Blueberry and Strawberry
23689.jpg

Mango cheese cake
23719.jpg

Lemon cheese cakes
23722.jpg

Different cake rolls - it's really a basic item to offer in my cafe - simple, humble, but wonderful.
23679.jpg

Black tea and peach roll
23615(1).jpg

I also make tarts from time to time - blueberry custard tart with dark chocolate ganache and roasted almond
23718.jpg

Cinammon rolls with lemon icing :love
23654.jpg

Salad bowl - more for regular customers who usually bring their own containers
23669.jpg

23670.jpg

Time flies. The cafe is already 2-month old, and I am still trying to get a new balance from running the small cafe and my daily life. It's challenging, but worthwhile.

Tomorrow, I will make a rose cake roll that uses the dried roses from the garden, rose water, and white chocolate.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Phadera wow 🤩beautiful garden. It has all the features of a pro and the variety is astounding. Luv your pictures , they are inspiring. Begging for more…

Now to the pics of floral arrangements from your garden. Very special talent to put amazing florals together. Your having way to much fun and I am happy to see your creations.

Can’t wait to see more.😍your garden.

Your tiny cafe too…where do you get all your energy . Would you believe I just made cinnamon rolls by the puffy pillsbury dough guy. Not nearly as good as yours. Wow those cupcakes look delightful.
Hey, thank you! I just arranged August calendar for my cafe, and I will have more time to take care of the garden soon. Now everything is overgrown and very wild. :D

I used to make cinnamon rolls (and pizza) from the ready dough, and bought the frozen cake rolls. :p As long as you were satisfied at that moment, they were successes. :D I will share more garden later this week.

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hey, thank you! I just arranged August calendar for my cafe, and I will have more time to take care of the garden soon. Now everything is overgrown and very wild. :D

I used to make cinnamon rolls (and pizza) from the ready dough, and bought the frozen cake rolls. :p As long as you were satisfied at that moment, they were successes. :D I will share more garden later this week.

Nice to hear from you . This is the time of year garden plants do grow in a longer peroid of time and can get a bit scraggly.
I just finish tidying up a couple garden beds and more to go.
I really like you positive energetic attitude it’s good to see . 👍

Latest posts