What Did You Do In The Garden?

nanets

Leafing Out
Reaction score
It is a new season. What did you do in the garden today, yesterday, last week :)?

Two backyard beds have been covered with the temporary hoop house. Seed for Asian greens and escarole has been sown; bok choy transplants have gone in. The flower beds around the house have been cleaned up.

I have now begun in the little veggie garden by leveling a few beds cultivated last year, fertilizing, and planting some seed potatoes, onion sets and pea seed.

What did you do in your gardens :)?

Steve
I live in Wyoming, here the wind blows really bad . So I want to change up my garden some. So I have a rock garden with plants, planted in the rocks. I had to do this because of the wind. It blows the soil away plus if you put mulch down it blows the mulch away. So I put rocks on top of the soil. So next year I want to change it up some. I have Syed my seeds of the plants, because they are going to sleep now because of the weather. Now I'm removing the rocks to add more soil and rocks for next year.

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Trimmed back a huge wisteria and trumpet vine. The deer have been blocked all season from getting to the trumpet vine it has grown out very well since the deer almost totally caused it to disappear. Hard to imagine …but true.
No deer around yet. I think the young bobcat I spotted early in the spring has persuaded the deer to move on.
Even the rabbits and quail have gone.
Pine needles were everywhere from the rain/wind storm . Cleaned up and corraled the needles on the garden beds as mulch. More leaves to mulch later.

Latest posts