What Did You Do In The Garden?

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
DH used the tractor yesterday to push the post holding the stainless steel 13ft gate straight. He suggested that we use a HD ratchet tie down strap the hold it against the post just south of it.
NOW, the gate, with it's wheel, is sitting 8 inches above the ground Next to the gate, on the ground where I hook it to the garden fence post (there ONLY for securing the gate.)
We Crept with the tractor and managed to move the post straight without snapping off any brackets OR snapping the actual post (8 ft tall, 3 ft buried.)
DH said he could feel the pressure with the tractor, BUT it still moved. I am leaving the strap ON the fencepost. DD's had volunteered to cement it in place, but I told them where are out of time for this year, will revisit next year.
We have 4 more posts and gates to deal with. We Learned that I need to dig a lot more on the other side of the posts to make it easier next time.
Pictures to follow...

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I was able to turn over with a fork 1/2 the front yard garden. I didn't think I'd be able to mix in all the small animal bedding, it was sitting on top and I thought I had run out of time to get that done. Feeling pretty great that the soil micro organisms and worms can start breaking all the straw and wood shavings down now instead of spring. Much happiness, since that garden needs some fertility action. 😊

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I was able to turn over with a fork 1/2 the front yard garden. I didn't think I'd be able to mix in all the small animal bedding, it was sitting on top and I thought I had run out of time to get that done. Feeling pretty great that the soil micro organisms and worms can start breaking all the straw and wood shavings down now instead of spring. Much happiness, since that garden needs some fertility action. 😊
That's funny you rototilled your front yard garden with just a fork! I used to use a scissors to "weed whack" the grassy areas by my front yard fence and anywhere the mower couldn't reach. I have operated a weed whacker before and I didn't like it - I ended up chopping and trimming things I didn't mean to! Lol!

Latest posts