What did YOU do in your garden today :P

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Frost this morning! I hope the tomatoes in the hoop house are okay.

I like the nylon trellis netting (stretched between 2 posts). It's not the most attractive solution, but it works and is reusable.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
:confused: I'm sorry it is showing up so late, @buckabucka . We've got wind chill in the 30's but with so much air movement, I don't think it will get any colder. I'll be back to edit in the 4am temperature.

Is that the netting Johnny's sells? I've been making something like their Hortonova netting since Noah was in the whale. Yeah, the rose greenhouse where I used to work had just switched from metal stakes to wire and cotton string when I started there. I don't have 150' beds in the garden so I just use bailing twine. On the peas, there are no cross strings.

There is the temperature. It's 47°, so looks okay. Garden plants probably don't think so. I hope yours are okay, Bucka'.

Steve

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just plant a bush type, Little Marvel's, that don't require trellising. I need to pick them again today. I had a mess for supper the other night but this picking will find some in the freezer.

Yesterday I tied up cauliflower that has started to head to blanch it, planted the last of the purple hulled peas, planted the last round of three of Bluejay's beans, and replanted the lima beans. By replanted, I mean I planted a bean where one failed to sprout and I had a hole in the row so I could fill in.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's been raining here daily for three days, more for the next three days or so forecasted. Beans and cukes are coming up in the garden. Everything is growing, especially the weeds. :(

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I started making a flagstone path behind my perennial bed so that I could get in there easier to clean and pick the raspberries. It is looking good and makes it so much easier to walk behind there. I should have done this years ago.

Mary

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Picked radishes. I might have picked them a little early, but I still ended up with more than we usually use. These are Cincinnati Market radishes, I sowed both White Icicle and French Breakfast radishes in the now bare area.

(This is a deep basket)
Harvest 003.JPG

I also hoed around the cowpeas and beans.

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Beautiful radishes SeedO!

Sorry about your long rainy stretch, so lucky.

My tomato plants in the hoop house were fine, despite the frost. The peppers are okay too, but I had covered them inside the hoop house.

@digitS' , yes, you can buy the "trellis plus" at Johnny's (although I got mine from Fedco).

DH put in some beans today. We still have lots of planting to do here.

Latest posts