What I like to See

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
later%2C%20again%20003.JPG

$ Nothing $ rising out of the greenhouse chimney!

The early morning sunlight is fairly bright and it looks like I can move the babies out at a reasonable time this morning WITHOUT starting that dang furnace!!

The babies had a visit to the greenhouse Wednesday last week . . . mid-day, everything went fine (no squabbles with the flats of onions that have been out there about a month ;)). Thursday, I wanted to move them out as early as possible but had to wait until 11am (!) for the what little sun we had to warm the building . . .

Friday and Saturday, I fired-up the furnace at 9am so that I could get them out by 9:30 :rolleyes:. I was pleased that the sun did well at warming things up in there by late morning, however :cool:.

Today, it looks like I won't have to start that furnace, YAY! But soon, space indoors just won't allow me to bring flats and flats inside and the furnace will need to run thru the night . . .

Did you see the "Super Moon" last night?!? Very hazy here at moonrise but that just added to the enchantment as it rose behind the neighbor's evergreen!

Steve :)

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Glad to hear of the money saving sunlight, it is hazy here today but the sun is out. I am hoping that the weather starts to turn off to more sunlight and less dreary. Yes we went out and looked at the super moon at 10:00pm last night it was really bright!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Fail . . . :(

But this time, I remember a music link . . . ♪

Yeah, you aren't stopping that storm from moving north, Collector! Waited until 10am and it was still below 50F so, on came the furnace, out went the babies, & up went the $'s.

And, the Weather Service said "mostly sunny" . . !

S'
I could have used ♪ Dark Side of the Moon ♪ but . . .

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well maybe if we wait a minute the sun really will shine today. I had high hopes for a sunny day when I looked out early this morning, clear sky, enormous moon. But now...:rolleyes: not so much.
So if the sun shines well early on for awhile, and then clouds over, does your GH hold enough heat that you don't have to run the furnace during the day Steve?

chris09

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
It's not bad here in Ohio, 47 (feels like 53)
N Wind at 7 mph
42% Humidity
30.44 (↓) Barometric Pressure

-Chris

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Even with very minimum sun, the furnace shut off for good by 11am and I had to open a vent at 12 :).

Now, it seems to have really clouded up and I'd better close that vent again. . . . at all of: 12:45pm :rolleyes:. The temperature is at 70 and going down hill! No, the furnace will not have to be turned on again today . . . mostly, I'm just complainin' ;).

Chris, the morning temperature outdoors was 29 and in the greenhouse it was 35 but it had quite a ways to climb to get to 70 with the sun rising in the east. I'll be happy enuf as long as it doesn't drop into the low 60's thru the afternoon.

Believe it or not, I've actually left the place twice today for about 40min each time. I would have to turn my vent around to install an automatic opener . . . then, this ol' guy would have to learn to trust it :/.

Only 1 of the 2 fans is automatic . . . of course, the furnace is automatic . . . maybe one of these days, I'll have air conditioning . . . HA! - kidding . . .

S' ;)