Worried About Dad

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@digitS' Steve, YES physical therapy can and will help with balance. MIL had it after her 1st broken hip. There is also a WI game that you can do for balance! Basically you stand on a pad and by shifting your weight you keep a ball on a platform (or penguin on an iceberg.) Which you are viewing on your television.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ducks keep sharp eye on your mothers checkbook. My father wrote a check to pay ticket ( he refuses to wear seatbelt) when he ripped check out of check book a blank one was struck togather. He didn't realize what happen and mailed in. Person in city hall wrote blank check out for $3,000 . Bank gave my father money back after big fight. what kills me is they never went after person who wrote fraud check, wasn't worth their effort.

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@aftermidnight very well said I am just 56 but closer to that than I would prefer to admit
mostly because of my lack of vision but am very stubborn about it

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
At 61 I can still swing a 50 pound sack of feed up to my shoulder and walk off with it. Common sense tells me to back the truck up to the feed shed, so that's what we do. My DH takes it off the truck and puts it in the door way, then I pick it up and stack it on a pallet. We work together and get it done.

@digitS' Steve I recommend that you give Arni Care cream a try. When my DH had his knee replacement surgery, I rubbed Arni Care on his knee and it helped tremendously. There are also Arni Care pills and he takes ONE every THREE days for the arthritis in his hands. This stuff really works, try it.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Chinese doctors say that if you regularly massage the singular point in the arch of the foot (Yong-Chuan), the blood flow will improve significantly.
I have done this 5 times, at least, my version. I've used a methyl salicylate (3%) cream.

It's possible that the cream reduces the pain in the foot within the short amount of time I'm rubbing it. The pain does decrease. However, my first thought at beginning to rub the bottom of the foot is, "No body part should hurt this much from just rubbing it unless there is damage or spasm!"

Remember, I wasn't talking about pain in my legs so much as weakness. Certainly, I wasn't thinking about the feet. It was the legs!

Right now, my feet, ankles, the entire lower part of each leg, burn pleasantly :). It's been nearly an hour since the massaging of that tender center point.

I suggest that everyone try this. You might enjoy making it a habit.

Steve :D

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That's why I love the massage points. There is a point massage that helps with tinnitus. It makes sense to read the specialized literature about this method. It really helped me with a cold in the head.:)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Is this like Ben Gay?

Mary
Ben Gay stinks. It tingles a little, but does not kill PAIN. ArniCare is in a class of it's own. When DH had knee replacement, I carefully rubbed either side of his incision with ArniCare. It gave him relief. It is excellent for sore muscles, sprains, sunburn, insect bites, I use it on practically anything. A couple of weeks ago, our big black dog, Parker got snake bit on his paw. He was in terrible pain, crying when I tried to examine it. We gave him an ArniCare tablet. It was the last outside potty before bed, and he came limping in. I made a late night run to WalMart for Benedryl and baby aspirin. When I got back, the swelling was worse, but his pain level was tolerable because of the ArniCare tablet. I gave Parker a baby aspirin and Benedryl, next morning, I repeated the dose and the ArniCare tablet. He got dosed 2 more times and was fine.

I can recommend ArniCare for pain of all kinds. It really works.