Your Career Plans as a Kid?

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Linux made me a very happy camper when i stopped working at the university but still wanted an actual command line oriented system (not that it has to be as i also have a desktop where i can put as many terminals and groups as i want).
I'd thought I'd need to learn scripting when I switched to Linux, and even dutifully watched a few videos and took notes, but found I've been able to pretty much use the graphical interface, so I gave up the effort.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'd thought I'd need to learn scripting when I switched to Linux, and even dutifully watched a few videos and took notes, but found I've been able to pretty much use the graphical interface, so I gave up the effort.

i just liked that i could continue to do things i'd always been used to doing and having various language compilers and interpreters and the normal tools i was used to having. i didn't have to spend any $ to buy them as they were available and continue to be available even now all these years later.

i do see a lot of efforts in recent years to get captured audiences and then exploit them.

Latest posts